Home Forums GENERAL NGPON 2

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gulkaran bajwa
      Participant

hello everyone,
      i want to start work on NGPON2 with different coding schemes please elaborate with block diagram or something so i will start making simulations of it. thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello gulkaran,
      first you can start by going through the standard recommendations given by full service access network for next generation passive optical networks (NGPON2)
      refer to these links below
      https://www.ntt-review.jp/archive/ntttechnical.php?contents=ntr201503gls.html
      https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.989.1/en

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gulkaran,

Can you please elaborate more on the different coding schemes you want to adopt? NGPON2 makes use of WDM for downstream and TDM for upstream. This is an essential part of the architecture of its physical layer, so unless you want to do exactly as the standard (for example with the same large number of users at each node and so on) I think you can make use of OS TDM and WDM examples to do the implementation.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Alistu i think he needs more of literature survey as of now. He is not sure about what techniques to use. First he must survey about current schemes used in current scenario and compare them and decide which one to use for his design.
      Currently TWDM is very hot topic.
      Gulkaran please refer to the following link. It may help.
      http://www1.huawei.com/en/about-huawei/publications/communicate/hw-201329.htm

alistu
        Participant

Thank you Aabid. I thought Gulkaran was looking for more specific physical layer information to help him implement the system. That is why I introduced the schemes adopted in upstream and downstream. Otherwise, all the links to tutorials can very easily be found by using google.

Regards

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

hello alistu,

thanks for your efforts
          whats your point regarding uplink

alistu
          Participant

Above was a general statement. In order to implement time division multiplexing for the uplink, I suggested using the example named “XGPON” provided by Optiwave. As you know, the access scheme used in XG-PON is TDMA, so this sample implementation is supposed to show you how TDMA scheme can be used.

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

i have optisystem 7 please send me screenshots of these samples(operate above 9+ version) i am attaching in a comment……..

alistu
          Participant

Hi Gulkaran. I believe these examples would provide real help to you and it was my first suggestion that you use these examples to learn about the implementation. I will post the images when I capture the screen shot ASAP (as taking images and preparing them may take quite a while).

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

and its subsystem screenshots too i shall be very thankful to you

alistu
          Participant

Here are the screen shots for XGPON. Image 1 shows the overall layout. Image 2 shows the WDM combiner subsystem. Image 3 shows cyclic WDM MUX/DEMUX, and image 4 shows 1:32 XGPON subsystem. 1:64 was quite the same as this one, so I just posted the image of one of them in here. Should be quite clear…

alistu
          Participant

Here are the screen shots from the second implementation, namely GPON.osd. The first image (“5”) shows the overall implementation, and the second one shows the subsystem “1×64 splitter GPON”. Some part of the implementation is not in the image, but again it is exactly the same as the part that is in the screen shot.

Attachments:
        gulkaran bajwa
        Participant

hello aabid,

i am confused how to use TDMA for uplink (NGPON)simulation because data should be transmitted in time slots
        mean to say how should i practically implement…i tried but lost

alistu
          Participant

Here’s the images of WDM-PON. Images 7 and 8 show the general layout. Image 9 shows the subsystem “circulators”. Image 10 shows the implementation of “AWG 8×8” subsystem and image 11 shows AWG 1×8 architecture. The structure of “ONU2” is shown in screen shot 12 (all ONUs share the same structure in general).

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

thanks alistu i really mean it

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome. I hope they are helpful.

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

thanks Aabid big thanks
          if you will get solution of RSOA uplink we have discussed then please let me know whenever you can ,thanks again

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Gulkaran,
      if you read my comment again i didn’t mention to use TWDM for upstream. I wrote its trending topic these days and lot of research is being done on this scheme. It is used in passive optical networks extensively these days and gives a better performance. That is why i thought of telling you go through TWDM because you are designing a PON system and i see lot of work being done on TWDM PON systems.

regards

alistu
      Participant

Please let me know if the scripts in any of the screen shots are somehow illegible (due to the font being small and so on) or you needed to know the settings of a particular component that is shown in the properties. I hope they will help you understand the architecture better and proceed with your work faster.

Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

hi Gulkaran,

NG-PON2 is expected to deliver 40 gb/s downstream and 10 gb/s upstream.It include serial 40G TWDM-WDM PON utilizing OFDM-PON.
      i am uploading IWDM PON OSD file.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

Thank you very much for the file. However, as I downloaded it and tried to run the simulation, I received an error in the middle of the calculations as a result of which the software closed. I wanted to know whether this is a problem I am facing or the problem is from the file itself.

Regards

gulkaran bajwa
        Participant

hey bro, i am using optisystem 13, i can’t open this osd file shows error
        can you resend along with screenshot thanks

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,

For more iformation on NGPON2 regarding standards and its technologies here i am giving reference paper to study and understand.
      It is very good paper to get suffiecient information.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=6964226&newsearch=true&queryText=NGPON2

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.