Home Forums SYSTEM Need Help 2

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Please guide me anyone to find out Q factor and BER for this design.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hello Sayed

Your system is working well,the only thing you need to add is power booster after the WDM Tx(Prior to SMF).In your system Fiber length after the mux is 100km followed by EDFA,it is better to consider pre amplifier so that in every loop signal will be amplified and mitigate the effects of attenuation efficiently.FBG you have used is working well too.I have add pre amp to your system and system works for 10(1000Km) loops and may it go further.I have attached the file below.Tell me if this works for you and feel free to ask if you have any doubts regarding this setup.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

If you mean “how to find Q factor/BER” in your file, you simply have to right-click on the BER Analyzer component, and under “component results” you find what you need. Does this answer your questions?

PS: for next topic, could you be more specific in the topic name? this will ensure that more people will answer to your questions 🙂

I think find my question ans clearly.Thanks everyone.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Alessandro Sayed had some problem in signal amplification thats why he couldnt get q-factor at receiver side.Welcome sayed aman ullah,best of luck for research. If you will have any problem share with us

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

Thanks Abhishek, I ran the simulation file and I did get Q/BER, this is why I did not fully understand the question…

Regards!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.