Home Forums FDTD Nano Antenna

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dina Mohsen
      Participant

Hi,
      I Work in nano antenna for solar Energy Harvesting, How can i Simulate the antenna?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Attach your base paper for more information .As i could not understand what antenna you are reffering too.Thank you

mohammed hosni
      Participant

this site is only for optical communication ,please explain what do you want please?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Mohammed,

Optical antennas are actually a part of optics and photonics researches, and for more information on the subject Dina is referring to (which I am also not much familiar with) you can search for “solar energy harvesting” subject. As for what Sam Sung mentioned about HFSS, it is only used for antennas used in electromagnetic structures, and not optical waves and photonic antennas.

Regards

Ashu verma
          Participant

Aha Alistu you are quick,i read the hfss ansys and edited my reply right after 2 mins.so,is this possible in optiwave fdtd?

alistu
          Participant

Hi Sam Sung,

By reading Optiwave FDTD introductions I don’t think I can be sure of the answer to to your question, so I’d better not suggest anything when I am not certain. You have indeed corrected it by stating this this being photonic and not electromagnetic, but did not point out that HFSS (which you had formerly mentioned) was only for electromagnetic cases. Ironically, I was not even completely sure about it.

Regards

Ashu verma
          Participant

Thank you Alistu,i will google this topic and also go through some fdtd tutorials in order to find out whether it would be possible in optiwave fdtd or not.From name as reffered by author,it looks very interesting to work on nano antenna in solar harvesting.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi mohammad ,as dina started this topic in fdtd domai,so it may be possible te design it there .but i am not sure in this however nano technology and optical technologies are very much related .I think Diba explain it well .

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Dina, I Think u will not find the antenna in Optisystem, So better to use MATLAB for simulation purpose.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Dear Dhiman Kakati
      Author has started this topic in fdtd, Home>topics >FDTD Question that asked by Dina is,is this work possible in fdtd or not.You are right that is not possible in optiststem.Thank you for your reply .I have checked fdtd module and tutorials which seems that this work may possible in fdtd but not sure.

Damian Marek
      Participant

There seems to be some confusion here! Although OptiSystem is not the right simulation tool for this job, there is OptiFDTD that can simulate electromagnetic wave propagation in dielectrics and metals that could be of use to you Dina. We will need a little bit more information on waht exactly you are trying to simulate like some time of scattering simulation or absorption to get into more detail. Can you describe the device in more detail and which parameters you want to find?

Damian

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Damian for you remarks,As we havent did so much conversation on optiwave fdtd ,it is confusion that Dina asked about to make antenna system in optisystem as Dhiman and hoshni confused it.However if Dina explaine it more then it would be easy to understand and i am very curious as solar harvasting nano antenna is looking something interesting topic.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.