Home Forums FDTD MZM

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

I trying to design an MZM in photonic crystal .But i have a doubt whether there any option for voltage bias in photonic crystal.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi esakkimuthu,

What software do you use for your design? If it is OptiBPM then I’m pretty sure there is no options for voltage bias (based on my experience).

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Sir ,i am using optifdtd.
      can u please tell me the procedure to export the component of optifdtd to optisystem

Ravil
      Participant

ok, I see, sorry for confusion. I am not so sure if there is a voltage bias option in FDTD since I don’t have a lot of experience with it…

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hi esakkimuthu,I hope there is no such option only you can vary the power level thats it.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi esakkimuthu,

I recalled one thing according to your questions. In one of the forums, I asked Damian about usage of electrodes for OptiBPM. He mentioned that OptiSPICE is definitely definitely suitable for circuit level design, which include optical component and interconnects (waveguides, micro rings). If I am not mistaken, there should be an option to save your component and add it to the library so you can use it in FDTD (that was a topic of the other forum as well).

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

thank yo Ravil and Saurav

Ravil
      Participant

You are welcome, esakkimuthu. Best of luck to you!
      Let me know how you’ll resolve your problem if you’ll have a chance.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.