Home Forums GENERAL MZM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shruti Jain

What is loss and V_pi for Dual Drive mach zehnder modulator in optisystem. The value is not mentioned in help sectin. These parameters are important as we bias an MZM depending on V_pi. To analyse the output, we need to know the loss due to an MZM.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Shruti,
      Which dual drive MZM you refer to? There are few dual drive MZM modulators in OptiSystem.
      If the one with Modulator Measured, then there is an explicit insertion loss term in the component properties and bias setting voltages. Else, if it the absorption phase type, then the loss is built-in the absorption phase measured data.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Shruti Jain

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am using the dual drive MZM measured. It has absorption phase file. How to find insersion loss from absorption-phase data?

Shruti Jain

Moreover, in help section, it shows graph of voltage v/s absorption-phase. How can the insertion loss be dependent on voltage? It is property of a device.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      As you notice in the attached file, the Dual Port MZ Modulator Measured has insertion loss parameter. However, the the absorption phase versus applied voltage data is a measured data and it is modulator specific per vendor. I recommend you get the specification from vendors’ datasheets.
      please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.