Home Forums BPM mzi modulator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      NOR HIDAYAH ROSLAN
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m Hidayah i have a problem about my design in optiBPM AND I always get this error while simulating my structure “Modal Generator could not generate input field”.Any help?..thank you.

Steve Dods
      Participant

Before a BPM simulation can begin, the optical field must be known for every point on the input plane. This usually requires a mode solver. OptiBPM will call one if set that way. The above message is sent when that modesolving fails, either because of incorrect settings in the modesolver or because the mode does not exist. Using Gaussian fields for the input plane will help, but you’ll have to supply a value for the reference index – OptiBPM will call the mode solver to find that parameter if you don’t specify it.

NOR HIDAYAH ROSLAN
      Participant

Hi Steve,
      thanks so much for replying my question. Mr Steve I have a problem in setting the different voltage for the electrode of mzi modulator can you show me on how to set for the different voltages. I tried to do that but the output still the same even the setting the electrode with different voltages.

Attachments:
      Steve Dods
      Participant

I could not open 1800.bpd. I get the error message “Unrecognised format in file 1800.bpd”.
      Was this project file made by a recent version of the OptiBPM designer?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.