Home Forums SYSTEM MZDI realization

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Subhash Arya
      Participant

Dear All,
      How can we realize Mach-Zehnder delay interferometer using the MZI block(s) in OptiSystem.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Subhash Arya
      Participant

I came to know through literature that , ” MZDI comprise a 1X2 splitter, a 2×1 combiner and two waveguides connecting
      them with different lengths. Integrated 1X2 splitters/combiners have been implemented using Y-branches [4],
      multimode interference couplers [5] and star coupler [6] and there has been much work on minimizing the excess
      loss and device sizes of such splitters/combiners”

I shall appreciate if anyone can help me to realize the structure of MZDI with above description given in attached article.

Thanking you.

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Sir, Please find the attached Image I have implemented.

With regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,

I cannot see any attached file containing your imlementation of the MZDI. However, if you are referring to the snapshot you have attached, I think it would help much more if you upload an implementation of it with Optisystem in case you have done it in the past. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, I Have attached the .osd file of the portion.

Regards

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

It is available now. Thank you very much for the help. However, I see no Mach-Zehnder interferometer in the implementation. Subhash has mentioned about implementing the MZDI using MZI blocks in Optisystem. While I think function is important and not the used blocks, I hope Subhash finds it useful.

Regards

Subhash Arya
      Participant

Thanks to all for kind help.

With regards,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.