Home Forums GRATING My Spectrum Analyzer Shows Nothing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aulia Laksono
      Participant

Hello dear kind sirs,

Can anyone help me with this?
      I’m trying to re-simulate this paper : Analysis of Independent Strain-Temperature Fiber Bragg Grating Sensing Technique Using OptiSystem and OptiGrating
      but only for the temperature sensor part
      However my OSA never shows anything when I run the simulation.

I believe I have export the .txt and load it correctly.
      Is there some thing I miss?

Also, how do I get the Temperature vs Wavelength graph?
      I can’t find any tutorial from internet or help menu.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Aulia,
      make sure that the data structure that you load into the FBG has the following structure.
      “The input file is formatted containing three items per line — the wavelength in microns, a complex value transmission, and a complex value for the reflection.”
      Also, you need to place a delay component in the reflected path to allow the calculation.
      If you still have a problem, please send me the files as zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Aulia Laksono
      Participant

Thank you Mr Ahmad for your kind response

I could do the simulation as intended using Ideal Circulator
      However, I can’t seem to make my simulation work with Circulator or Bidirectional Circulator (I’m trying everything). The closest result I get is when I use Optical Delay on reflective path and Optical Null on the circulator output (bottom one). The transmitted wave is fine but the reflected one is the same as the output from the light source.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Aulia,
      please email me the related files of the project as zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to check it out. You need to make sure that the sequence of signal flow from port to port is done correctly. Please refer to the datasheet of the component for guidance.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.