Home Forums GENERAL Multimode Fibers

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      i want to know if in optisystem we have multimode fibers for multimode transmission. I have come across only single mode fibers untill now. Can some help me and guide me through where we have if we do and if not can there be an alternative way of using multimode fiber technology. I would appreciate your answers and looking forward to them.
      Thanks
      Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

We have had multimode fibers for a while now, and recently have added multimode fiber amplifiers. Check out the Multimode component library.

Hello Damian Marek.
      I really appreciate you for responding. Does it mean that all other components like bidirectional attenuator, bidirectional circulator will work fine with multimode fiber and multimode amplifiers?
      I would appreciate if you respond.
      Thank you

Damian Marek
        Participant

All of the multimode components in the multimode library will work well with each other, to further distinguish them they have a little colored spot on their icon.

Thank you so much Damian. This is very helpful indeed. I still have a little confusion over the merging of multimode components with those that are already present in the optisystem library. Anyways this was very help overall.
      Thanks

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Hamza Ali Abbas Khan,
      I suggest you to please refer to following link(s):
      The following tutorial of optisystem describe the library of spatial optical sources and transmitters. These components have the ability to include transverse mode profiles in the optical signals.
      The spatial transmitters are “ready-to-use” components that encapsulate an optical source or transmitter and a transverse mode generator.
      There are two categories of components in the library:
      spatial optical sources/transmitters
      transverse mode generators.
      For multimode simulations, there are additional parameters that will define the space window for the transverse mode profiles. These parameters are the Space width X and Y and the Grid spacing X and Y, and are available in the global parameters window

Lesson 8: Optical Systems — Working With Multimode Components

Thanks,

Aadil Raza
      Participant

dear all. Please tell me does optical amplifier work with multimode fiber link?

Aadil Raza
      Participant

As Damian said that all multimode components work in multimode library work well with each other. It means non multimode library components will not work with multimode library components at all? Even if they simulate but reaults will be illogical? Am i correct?

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Dear all,

I have some queries about Er- doped MMF amplifier.
      1. Parameters specially core and cladding refractive index of MMF Amplifier must be the same as of MMF link and multimode generator etc for a particular MMF system?
      2. I have seen in MMF examples in optisystem that they used pump laser before Er doped MM Amplifier. Can we use this MM amplifier directly without using pump laser as we do use amplifiers in single mode systems.
      3. Can we use all other components like filters, power splitter, attenuator etc with MM system?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Aadilqua,
      You may refer to Lesson 8 of the tutorial

Lesson 8: Optical Systems — Working With Multimode Components

This would certainly help to answer your questions.

Regards

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Dear Abid Baba.

I have gone through lesson 8. But i have not found the answers to my questions. Please have a deep look into my questions and answer them. I am stuck here. Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Aadil,
      I have not worked with multimode components yet. But as Damian has suggested that these multimode components will work fine with each other this means with other MM components not SM components and it will be illogical to use SM components in multimode design.

Regarding the other query about parameters i have a little knowledge about it. I don’t think it is mandatory to keep all the parameters same. Though i am not sure.
      It would be better if you private message Damain regarding it.

Regards

Aadil Raza
      Participant

ok thanks alot for guiding me.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Aadil,
      You are welcome.

Regards

Nur1990
      Participant

hello..sorry for interrupt you guys… can anyone help me to solve my problem. actually i use numerical method (split step fourier method) in matlab to prove the effect of fiber losses, dispersion and non-linearity in optical soliton and also need to compare that result with optisystem. actually, i already got the result from optisystem for fiber losses, dispersion and SPM. i compared the effect of fiber losses (alpha), GVD (beta2), and SPM (gamma) based on the 3 physical length. (i picked 10km, 20km, and 30km).but here, i need to tally the result with matlab (split step fourier method) n must be the same result with optisystem. i try to change the coding, but it failed. since i picked 3 physical length in optisystem result, so i need to setup the same physical length in matlab coding to test the effect of fiber losses, GVD,and SPM.. i hope you guys help me to solve this problem.. i tired to thinking how to solve this problem. here i attached the coding and the result from optisystem.

Nur1990
      Participant

my file

Nur1990
      Participant

matlab coding

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.