Home Forums SYSTEM MSK sequence decoder

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all, I am presently working on design of MSK receiver ie. by using dual polarization technique, at one point there is need for MSK sequence decoder to combine the in phase and out of phase components in electrical domain, but there is no ready block (such as PSK sequence decoder that is available for DP-QPSK transmission). I need to desingn it in optisystem. so I need your suggession.

Thanks

With regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all, I am waiting for your reply.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Based on the system layout in the help section, you might be able to implement the system reverse for the MSK modulator available in the library and use it as the demodulator. I tried to make it, but did not manage. So I am telling you this just to take into consideration while you wait for help.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

thanks Alistu I will wait..

Regards

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Do anybody come to any conclusion?

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,
      I am able to find “PSK sequence decoder” in optisytem software.
      Steps as follows:
      default- receivers library- decoder and then we will have PSK sequence decoder.
      we could use this decoder in Dqpsk system.
      Hope this may help you.
      Seeking your response.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,
        Thank you for your kind response and I do agree with what you have mentioned “we could use this decoder in Dqpsk system”. In the DQPSK system receiver I am getting some excellent results but not in case of MSK and I noticed that in one of the post damian mentioned that in case of MSK signal it is a bit complex equation to design an exact MSK transmitted signal. So it would be better to expect some help from optiwave team. I have not tried using MATLAB code and make a component in optisystem as all the component property is nor wit us. so we need support from Optiwave team.

Regards,
        Dhiman

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,

As correctly mentioned by Ranjeet,“PSK sequence decoder” in present in the optisytem software….. Follow the steps mentioned in the above comment.. Hope it helps

Regards

Sahil Singh

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Dear Sahil Singh,
        I tried to implement whatever suggestion was given previously, but unable to get an optimum result i.e. the Q-factor, Bit error rate are not as expected. I think along with PSK decoder we have add something extra for the continuous phase and then only we can expect a good result.
        Thanks for the response.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.