Home Forums FDTD MRR Optical bit comparator and logic gates

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anz
      Participant

Hi
      I am trying to design an optical magnitude comparator using micro ring resonators. I have used this paper as reference but I haven’t been getting the accurate results. Also been trying to design logic gates using one micro ring resonator. I have trouble getting the accurate outputs. Please let me know what I am doing wrong in the design.
      Also how do you apply control pump signals in Opti FDTD? Is it possible?

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Anz,

You are going to need to be a bit more specific in regards to not accurate results. I do have some clarification questions to help us in assiting you.

1. What version of the product are you using?
      2. What paper is your reference? You do not say.
      3. OptiFDTD is a general purpose simulator for a source you simply setup the input plane and ensure it has the properties of your source. What do you mean by control pump signals, are you using nonlinear materials?

Scott

Anz
      Participant

Hi Scott, thank you for your reply.

Currently I am using the free OptiFDTD 32 bit software. I shall attach the reference papers and design here.
      I am trying to design a comparator using just ring resonators with two inputs with different wavelengths and amplitude corresponding to boolean logic as input properties. Does this method work with the design I have created?

Anz

Scott Newman

Anz,

The papers you cite use a pump signal to perform optical switching through 2 photon absorption to change the refractive index and therefore resonance of the ring. This is not an effect that is included in our material models at this time.

Scott

Anz
      Participant

Thanks Scott.

I’d also like to know if it’s possible to compare two inputs with different input properties like wavelength and amplitude like a digital comparator using ring resonators?

Scott Newman

Anz,

You can setup different inputs within the products. Whether you can configure ring resonators to properly do the comparison for you is up to you and your research.

Scott

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.