Home Forums GENERAL Moving message

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear Optiwave Team and forum members,

I have a technical question about forum messages. By occasional mistake, I have entered my answer message in the wrong place in one of the topics. Since the topic is quite big, I think that it would be really difficult to locate and address my message to the right person. Do we have any option to completely move/remove our messages from one place to another in a particular topic? In spite of using the forum for a while, I have never had such a need before. Will be thankful for your advice!

alistu
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

I know the complication you are referring to. While I would also like to know the answer to your question from the Optiwave team, the only option I can now think of is that you post a new comment in the right place, addressing your former comment. The address link could be made by clicking on the reply number (or simply adding #post-68790 at the end of the forum address, where 68790 is the reply number).

Regards

Ravil
        Participant

Hello Alistu,

Thank you very much for your very quick answer! I will definitely wait for any explanation from Damian, Bryan or the other members of Optiwave team. But in a meanwhile, I will gratefully and thankfully use your advice. However, I just want to clarify one thing with you: what did you mean by “The address link could be made by clicking on the reply number”? When I am clicking that link with the reply number it just addresses me to the original link.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome back Ravil,i think Alistu made good point and it works.Moreover i want to explain one more modification by optiwave which i got to know few days ago due to my conversation with damian in the context of my reply .Now we can edit our reply only within 15 minutes not after that.However if after excedeed time one want to edit reply then one should need to message Damian .This modification has been donr due to some post ing related content security and misuse of edit option from forum topics.I explained this for the convenice of all forum members.
      Thank you

Ravil
        Participant

Hello, Sam! Thank you for your welcoming me back! 😉 According to my intent and Alistu’s advice, I made a change in my answer referring to a correct post. Thank you for your quick reply as well and informing me about a new option that is available in Optiwave forum conversations! However, if I remember it correctly, I tried to remove my answer within about 15 min but I wasn’t able to do that. I will just send a message to Damian in the future.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Ravil,in case of removing the any of the post i think we have to message Damian however if modification is required,then we can do it within 15 min.

Ravil
        Participant

Thanks for your explanation, Sam! I understand the regulations now.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi all,

For obvious reasons we cannot give the users the ability to move replies willy-nilly. If you post a reply in the wrong place just delete it (within the 15 min time limit) and post it again in the correct position. This is to keep the forum as a cohesive conversation.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Damian,

It was mentioned here that the replies can be edited up until 15 minutes later, while I can still see the edit option for a reply I have posted about 4 hours ago. Could you please clarify whether the 15-minute rule only applies to deleting option or not? Thank you.

Ravil
          Participant

Hi Alistu,
          I saw this option within about 15 min as well. However, I was not able to delete it at that time. At the same time the edition worked…

alistu
          Participant

Hi Ravil,

I was only regarding the edit option, which is still available after the posting the comment for several hours, in my comment and not the delete option. Actually, I think I remember the conversation about the delete option (and not the edit option) in one of the threads a while ago.

Regards

Ravil
        Participant

Hello Damian,

Thanks for your clarification! I completely agree with you that the forum should be a cohesive conversation. The comment that was inserted was my mistake due to the delay of my web-browser. I didn’t notice this mistake at the beginning. I am sorry about my misprint and, since I’ve seen an edit option, I wanted to correct it. I understand your point about 15 min rule and will be more careful with my answers in the future!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Sometimes i saw edit option lasts even after 15 min. ,but in my former case which i have mentioned above,i couldnt able to edit or delete my reply.Damian modified it for me .

Ravil
        Participant

I think that you are right, Sam! I saw this edit option after 15 min before but I don’t see it now. I think that when Damian mentioned about deleting message (when he was answering my question), he meant that it includes editing as well. Anyways, we just need to be more careful with our messages now!

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi All, I have been here after long time and thank you for confirmation of the new rules.Welcome back Ravil on forum and thanks to Alistu and Sam for stating, options and changes which have done recently.Keep on doing good work as you are doing till now.

Ravil
        Participant

Thank you very much for welcoming back, Abhishek! I am glad that my question was informative for you. I agree with you that it is important to know the recent forum’s updates and changes. As all of the forum members, we will keep each other posted ;).

Ravil
      Participant

Many thanks to everyone who replied!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.