Home Forums FDTD More than one input excitations.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

can anyone help me in knowing the ways in which more than one input excitation can be provided in optiFDTD?

Tamer Saleh
      Participant

Dear Sridarshini,
      if you want to use more than input you you can follow the following
      Draw—->Vertical input plane or horizontal
      then change position and direction
      you can repeat this steps several times

Thanks Tamer… but if i need to provide both inputs simultaneously, how can i do that?

Scott Newman

Hello Sridarshini,

Can you be more specific about what you mean by simultaneously? For example here is an empty simulation window that has three sources. Each source will turn on at the same time at the beginning of the simulation. If you configure your sources to be sine modulated Gaussian pulses you can also add a time delay.

Scott

Thank you Newman. I want to know how to make both sources to provide inputs at the same time. As after adding the input plane, when i try to simulate,what should be provided in key input information? As it has two choices . Attached the snapshot below.

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Both of the sources will be on, what you are looking at in the attached picture is the selection of what will be the “main” wavelength which is used for the DFT results for the observation lines and observation planes. So if you have a source at 1.55 and one at 2 but select 1.55 both sources will be on but when observing the DFTs in Analyzer you will only be able to see DFT based on 1.55. Observation points have the full time information so you can recalculate the DFT for whatever range you want.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.