Home Forums FIBER mode generation in step index multimode

mode generation in step index multimode

Profile Photo
(joined July 2014)
Participant

nw i tried to design for my calculated v-number in stepindex multimode fibre , the data is given,

core dia-62.5 micrometer,
core cladding index -1.5%
core refractive index -1.480
operating wavelength -1300
v=59.2
M-1752

after taking this design into optifibre, i could see lot of modes which exceed my v-number that i have calculated, so what are the optimization need to take for constraining our calculated modes

Responses (4):

Profile Photo
      vignes
      Participant

nw i tried to design for my calculated v-number in stepindex multimode fibre , the data is given,

core dia-62.5 micrometer,
      core cladding index -1.5%
      core refractive index -1.480
      operating wavelength -1300
      v=59.2
      M-1752

after taking this design into optifibre, i could see lot of modes which exceed my v-number that i have calculated, so what are the optimization need to take for constraining our calculated modes

Profile Photo
      Damian Marek
      Participant

The biggest thing you can change is the core diameter. 62.5 um is quite large! For single mode fiber, it is usually less then 10.

+1
      Profile Photo
      Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

I agree with Damain but also I think the V number is very large and it’ll pass very large no. of modes.

+1
      Profile Photo
      Qiongyue Kang
      Participant

the core diameter of your design is quite large. try to reduce it and see the number of guided modes again.

Profile Photo
      vignes
      Participant

thank to u kang, and which area of u working in optical domain, because if ur area is confine with me we will share our work and put more efforts towards the work

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.