Home Forums BPM mode coupling

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

Dear team,
      I am trying fr mode coupling in three core fiber. I have designed in linear waveguide and refractive index value is uniform to other region. Could we achieve if so what modifications I need to take care.

Damian Marek
      Participant

If your cores are identical, I think the most important parameter to change is the distance between cores. Larger distances will keep the modes confined to their respective cores, while bringing the cores closer will increase the coupling effect between the modes.

Regards

vignes
      Participant

Dear Damian

I got that mode couple in visual but I want find the wavelength or effective mode index at which mode coupling takes place

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Vignes,

In my opinion you should be able to calculate the the effective mode index from your waveguide and regime parameters.

vignes
      Participant

Dear ravil,

I found effective mode index ,all values get changing for the certain wavelength range.but no coupling takes place

Damian Marek
        Participant

In your design are you permitted to change the distance from core-core? Or can you only change the materials and wavelength?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Vignes,

I see your point. Are you using planar or cylindrical waveguide? The field distribution and coupling is symmetric only in the 2nd case.

vignes
      Participant

Dear ravil,

I am using planar waveguide. How could? And I varied wavelength range from 1.2 to 1.6um

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Vignes, in my opinion, the penetration depth is inverse proportional to the wavelength. At the same time, you should consider condition of critical coupling.

Ravil
      Participant

Since the range you gave is very large, I’d recommend you to double check field distribution (with its components) as well as penetration depth and coupling distance.

vignes
      Participant

dear damain,

i choose same refractive index values for all the three core and varying the wavelength only

Damian Marek
        Participant

Please attach you project file, this should be fairly straight forward unless I am missing something!

mohammed mostafa
      Participant

attach the project file, this is better to understand the problem

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.