Home Forums SYSTEM Min BER

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all,
      I came across one parameter, When we see the eye diagram in the BER analyzer along with the diagram there comes a table containg may readings. I want to know whether can we use the min BER for the graphical plot purpose with some other parameters. Thanks.

Regards

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

I did not exactly understand your question. Can you please explain more if you like? Each of the parameters in the table explain one feature and the features are somehow related to each other (some can be obtained using the others) and all can somehow be seen in the eye diagram.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

We can calculate BER using many component such as BER test set, Decision component, and BER analyzer(where we find the min BER). So what is the difference between the three component because when we consider the BER analyzer it shows very less value (that means a good system performance) or if we want to plot BER curve with other quantity can we use min BER that is available in the BER analyzer table value. Thanks.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

The difference between the BER achieved by the BER analyzer and the one achieved by the BER test set is that BER test set gives BER on an empirical basis, by dividing the number of bits detected mistakenly by the whole number of transmitted bits. BER analyzer makes the BER calculations on a theoretical basis. That’s why BER analyzer can be more accurate and can give smaller numbers, while the smallest BER the BER test set can achieve is related to the number of transmission bits (for example, if 16384 bits are used, 1/16384 is the smallest BER that can be achieved by this component).

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Oh that all about I wanted to know. Thank you Alistu. And Sorry to say that I have mentioned about the decision component by mistake.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome!

Cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.