Home Forums GENERAL MATLAB interfacing with FSO

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..
      Has anyone interfaced any MATLAB component with an FSO system?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Naazira,

I haven’t, but I don’t think Matlab co-simulation with OptiSystem in FSO systems would be any different than the co-simulation for any other optical systems. Therefore, you can definitely use the experiences in the co-simulations done for other systems. Can you please be more specific if you need any specific help?

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi naazira,
      could you please explain your query a bit further, what are actually wanting to interface. i mean that FSO is device with number of parameters.
      which parameter do you actually want to change.YOU also has probably raised such question in another post.

with regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Alistu..
      See, I want to simulate my FSO system with a particular channel fading model. Optisystem does provide an option of enabling the fading model in one of the already present components there in. But once it is done, Gamma-Gamma fading model gets employed. I want to simulate on other fading models as well, but those are not present in Optisystem.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Yes Aasif. I have elaborated upon it already.

Regards.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      thank you naazira for the elaboration of your query.
      i guess after your elaboration that , you can not add any other fading model using sript(because if you would open sript windows, there are limmited parameters)

secondly i also think you might not be able to add any otherfading model using matlab , because ther is no such option in the parameter windows of FSO.

with regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Well, Aasif..could you please show me screenshot of any osd file where MATLAB component has been used?

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Naazira,

In order to access plenty of .osd files along with Matlab programs regarding Matlab co-simulation with OptiSystem, I strongly suggest you go through the examples provided in OptiSystem samples folder. The examples are categorized there and you would have access to some very basic examples indicating how the co-simulation has to be done.

Regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks Alistu for the help.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Naazira.

Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.