Home Forums FIBER MATLAB cosimulation, no fiber effects in transmission

MATLAB cosimulation, no fiber effects in transmission

Profile Photo
(joined May 2020)
Participant

Hi all,

I am developing a system that cosimulates the Radio-over-Fiber transmission of CP-OFDM signals with MATLAB. I generate the signal in MATLAB and apply the carrier (3.5GHz) and then enter Optisystem. In Optisystem I only have a CW laser and a MZM to modulate the RF signal, a fiber, and a photodiode (see image attached). Then I go back with the resulting signal to MATLAB and evaluate the EVM.

The problem is, while I have very good values of OFDM, they don’t vary with the fiber length as expected.

Has anyone tried a similar setup, or could anyone give some insight into this? It’d be much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments:

Responses (2):

Profile Photo
      Álvaro Robledo
      Participant

Hi all,

I am developing a system that cosimulates the Radio-over-Fiber transmission of CP-OFDM signals with MATLAB. I generate the signal in MATLAB and apply the carrier (3.5GHz) and then enter Optisystem. In Optisystem I only have a CW laser and a MZM to modulate the RF signal, a fiber, and a photodiode (see image attached). Then I go back with the resulting signal to MATLAB and evaluate the EVM.

The problem is, while I have very good values of OFDM, they don’t vary with the fiber length as expected.

Has anyone tried a similar setup, or could anyone give some insight into this? It’d be much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments:
      Profile Photo
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Alvaro,
      We can check your project if you would send the OptiSystem project and the Matlab codes as a zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Profile Photo
      Álvaro Robledo
      Participant

Hello Ahmad,

thank you for your offering, we were already able to solve the problem. In fact it was my fail.

Regards,
      Álvaro

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.