Home Forums SYSTEM MATLAB Component

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Olivier Cotte
      Participant

Hi, thank you for improving OptiSystem.

My version is 15.0.

I’ve encountered a strange behaviour.

Basically, I want to get the output of the directly modulated signal and analyze it with MATLAB.
      The first component because the .dat of the measurement pulse sequence file is 1.4 GB, and when I try to load it with your “Measured Pulse sequence” component I got the blue screen.

Now for sample size 67108864, it works (it is the correct behaviour), but for 134217728, it doesn’t (error message include).

My machine is an Intel Xeon E5-1650, 64.0 GB RAM.

Need some help here.

Appreciate your time and effort

Olivier

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Olivier,
      for the sake of the forum and following up on our discussions, the save command can’t be used in the Matlab software if OptiSystem calls Matlab through the Matlab component. However, if you call OptiSystem from a Matlab program, then you can use the Matlab save command.

Regarding the measured data file that you are trying to load to the “Measured Pulse sequence” component, its size is huge and I expect it can’t be opened with other software like excel? We think the size (1.4GB) it too big to be handled with either other software. You need to down sample the data and load it to the component.

You must follow the signal structure in the Matlab code, the Matlab component data sheet and the examples in OptiSystem Example Library explains that.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.