Home Forums SYSTEM Matlab co-simulation for SNR

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Jamal
      Participant

Hi All,

I want to find the Signal to Noise Ratio of ADC, and for that I have co-simulated with matlab and found the SNR of ADC
      The project is working fine and giving values for SNR. But whenever I give input frequency value some integer value like 7,8,9 the SNR of ADC goes very high even beyond its ideal value.

Does it have anything to do with the sampling rate of the simulator ? I have also tried keeping the sampling rate of ADC and simulator same, but the problem persists.
      Can anyone suggest the problem in the project ?

Attachments:
      Jamal
      Participant

osd file

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Jamal, since you raised a question related to matlab and optiwave i want to clarify my doubt that i am facing. I want to ask you that are matlab and optiwave compatible with each other? Is there any flexibility to import any code from matlab to optiwave that itself generate the the complete circuit??
      Regards.

MHD NA
      Participant

yes matlab and otisystem are compatible

Jamal
      Participant

Jojo Mathew, yes they are compatible. You may import a signal from optisystem to matlab and vice versa. But whether you can generate a circuit in optiwave using a matlab code… I am not sure about this. Maybe Damian Marek can answer you well on that.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jojo Matthew,

I agree with Jammal that matlab and optiwave compatible with each other..We definitely can import a signal from optisystem to matlab…However i also doubt whether a circuit can be generated in optiwave using a matlab code….. Hope someone else on the forum responds to this query…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jamal,
      First you should upload osd file of design. Although Matlab and optisystem are compatible to each other.
      you have uploaded the matlab file. so, upload your osd file too so that we could find error or will try to help you as per my ability.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

Can you please tell me whether a circuit can be generated in optiwave system using a matlab code… I am really not about this… Hope to hear from you soon…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Jamal
      Participant

Hello Ranjeet,
      Please find the attached file

Attachments:
      Jamal
      Participant

Also, I am trying to export the same signal in frequency domain to matlab. I am getting the attached RF spectrum in optisystem and same in matlab. But why I am getting complex values in matlab ? I am unable to perform calculations on these values

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.