Home Forums SYSTEM mathematical model for optical fiber

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mohammed hosni
      Participant

please i need your great help i need any paper discuss the mathematical model in both time domain and frequency domain for optical polymer fiber and glass optical fiber

Ravil
      Participant

Hi mohammed hosni,

The problem that you are stating is very broad. Since there are different types of fibers existing (multi- and single mode: standard, dispersion shifted, non-zero dispersion shifted), and it’s known that each of them have a wide range of parameters, it is important to indicate the purpose of performed modeling first. Can you indicate yours, please? After that, can you tell about the software environment that you are planning to use for your models?

Ravil
      Participant

In general, many good practical examples of models in Matlab implementation are given in the series of G. Agrawal’s books “Fiber Optic Communication Systems”. I would recommend you to look at the newest versions primarily…

alistu
        Participant

Hi Ravil. I have a pdf of Dr. Agrawal’s 2011 version of “Fiber Optic communication Systems” which is the fourth edition, but I found no Matlab programs in it. Do you just mean to say that he has discussed the mathematical models of the fiber? Becuase that he has done comprehensively in his book. Thank you.

mohammed hosni
      Participant

please i need the web address for mathematical model for plastic fiber

alistu
        Participant

I have searched for what you requested and I believe what Alessandro suggested is more comprehensive than other resources I found. Of course, some books about fundamentals of fiber optics also provide some information, but since according to my perception you need to study this extensively, please at least have a look at that book.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

You can check on some good references books like this:
      http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9783527646500

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.