Home Forums SYSTEM Many plots in one report page

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Burak ilhan
      Participant

Hi everyone,

First of all hello to optiwave world. I am working with different types of dispersion compensation schemes. I have plotted for three types of dispersion compensation schemes ( pre , post and symmetric ) the max Q factor versus power. I need to plot them all in one report page as in Figure 4 from following link

Dispersion Compensation Schemes – A System Perspective

Should I firts save them to somewhere seperately and then combine them in one report or how it works?

Can anybody hepl me about that.
      Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
      Burak

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Burak,

If I am not mistaken, there was a forum conversation about the question of making multiple plots in one graph. Unfortunately, I can not find it… Please, take a look yourself! Or other forum members might help us with that… On the other side, if you would like to consider Matlab, this operation can be performed there simply and easily by using ‘hold on’ command. Please, see the following link about that: https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-automatic-control-simulation/

Burak ilhan
      Participant

Hi Ravin,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have seen that topic but my problem was plotting for three different layouts on the same report page. Anyway I get my solution. I did not recognize that I can run three different projects on the same layout instead I have done them on three different layouts thats why I couldnt be able to get them on the same report.I wish this answer could help somebody else but It would be better to point out if the case I wrote is false because it is my experience and I am not quite sure about that difference.

Best Regards,
      Burak

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Burak,

You are welcome! I didn’t understand that you are running all three project at different layouts as well. At the same time, I am glad that you have noticed it by yourself. Self-learning is always beneficiary! I am not sure what difference are you not sure about at the end…

Burak ilhan
      Participant

Hi Ravin,

What I mean is that I have done three types of compensation schemes on my oww and If I run the simulation I got parameters for plotting just for one scheme that I am working on. But when I have a look at the prepared project in optiwave folder there I see all parameters for different schemes when I run the project. I have done in that way : I have finished first scheme then I have saved the file and then on the same project I have changed the required things and saved again and so on . Is it not duplicating a layout ? that should be my problem or what is your opinion?

Best Regards,

Burak

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Hi Burak
      Actually I am not getting exactly, but As I understand you can go one thing when you generate the report a particular type of compensator
      in OptiSystem export the data. and again generate the report with other type of compensator and export data.
      Repeat the same procedure as you required. then combine all the report with any of the software to plot the graph like
      origin pro, excel, matlab etc

Burak ilhan
      Participant

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for reply. You are right it is another way to get data but for this scheme optiwave gives itself a solution and I have done it somehow 😀

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.