Home Forums GENERAL Manually or Automatic design of Project

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      AbdulHaseeb qadeer
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      I have a question about the difference between manual design (VB script) and automatic design (layout), I mean. It will be possible if I design a project directly from the Optisystem layout using the drag and drop method, or I must first create a VB script and run it on the Optisystem?
      Thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Abdulhaseeb,
      Yes, you can design a project normally using OptiSystem component in the project layout, then using the Script tab in the main layout write a code to process and run the system. You may use loops and save data in excel sheets and graph at the same time. You need to use Scrip/Run in the main toolbar to run your Script code.
      There are few examples in OptiSystem Example Library. Two samples (Free Space Link – Earth to Satellite.osd) and (BER_Calculation_RS_FEC_BPSK.osd) located at the following links, respectively.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesOptical wirelessEarth-satellite design
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesAdvanced modulation systemsError coding techniquesReed Solomon FEC
      Make sure that you use proper path in the script to run it properly.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Abdulhaseeb,
      Yes, you can design a project normally using OptiSystem component in the project layout, then using the Script tab in the main layout write a code to process and run the system. You may use loops and save data in excel sheets and graph at the same time. You need to use Scrip/Run in the main toolbar to run your Script code.
      There are few examples in OptiSystem Example Library. Two samples (Free Space Link – Earth to Satellite.osd) and (BER_Calculation_RS_FEC_BPSK.osd) located at the following links, respectively.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesOptical wirelessEarth-satellite design
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesAdvanced modulation systemsError coding techniquesReed Solomon FEC
      Make sure that you use proper path in the script to run it properly.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.