Home Forums SYSTEM Mach-zehnder Interferomter

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rohan katti
      Participant

I am working on design of a new all optical reversible gate using Mach-Zehnder Interferomter which is available as a component in Optisystem -13. Previously when i used MZI i would get the results by adjusting the delay of MZI randomly, but in the present case of reversible gates, i would like to know is there any specific procedure to adjust the ‘Delay’ of MZI . Kindly let me know how to adjust the values of the delay of MZI.

Thank You

I have the same question hope this answer could help me as well…

Damian Marek
      Participant

In our MZM Measured models including the LiNO3 model you can state the amplitude and phase values as a function of voltage. Here phase would act as a delay.

Is that what you are interested in?

Chuanchang Zeng
      Participant

I have the same question hope this answer could help me as well..Er

Rohan katti
      Participant

@ Damian Marek : In the MZI, there is a phase change between the two arms of the interferometer, which is given by (2 * Pi * n)/Lambda, where n is the refractive index of the waveguide and lambda is the wavelength of the incoming signal, so how do we get a relationship between that theoritical phase shift and the delay parameter for the component MZI in Optisystem.

Hamada Masri
      Participant

Hi Damian Marek;
      what is the relation between delay and phase to achieve my required delay?

Regards,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.