Home Forums SYSTEM Loop control

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

@ damian
      Hello!!
      Why is such that some components do not run in loop control. I tried to put ED fiber and also HOA in Loop but it doesnot work. Why so and can this problem be solved. How? i also tried it by splitting fiber into symmetric parts and incorporating the ED fiber and Hybrid optical amplifier as:
      SMF- HOA- SMF
      but still the output doesnot come. If i attach the same without loop control as SMF-HOA-SMF-HOA-SMF-HOA then even at greater lengths it works. but not only in loop. Why?
      Please resolve the issue as soon as possible

Damian Marek
      Participant

Can you please attach your project file?

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank you Damian ,here i am attaching my system file ,also please check system takes too much time to simulate(power is high after amplifier)Raman fiber simulate for 10-15 minutes.And in this system i have used 10-12 raman fibers .Please suggest me changes to simulate it fast as well as loop control.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Abhishek,

Yes the high power signals and large spectral content will make this simulation quite long! You can try modifying the Numerical parameters in the optical fiber parameters to tailor the engine. I also would suggest trying to enable CUDA simulation with your graphics card to speed up the simulation. Unfortunately I am travelling right now and my laptop does not have a CUDA ready graphics card, but when I get back to the office I can try it out on one of our test machines.

Regards,
        Damian

+1
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank You DAmian ,I will try using CUDA in latest version of OPtisystem.But please analyze this system ,so that loop control with HOA will start working.Can you please suggest the changes in optical fiber so that it will take less time to calculate.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

HI Damian,i have tried to select CUDA samples,But couldn’t select it.How to select this so that simulation take less time to run.

Damian Marek
        Participant

In the Layout Parameters window there is a box to check to enable CUDA. Double click anywhere in an empty layout and the option should be there.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Abhishek, DAmian is right about the processing time taking by the systems having high power at fiber input.CUDA is very helpful to speed up the calculation.you can find this in latest version of optisystem but you must have graphic card.Rest you can check the link for more information as Damian explained very beautifully in featured discussion

GPU processing with OptiSystem [Optical System]

I have also such issues in working of loop when modifies EDF with other than default parameter introduced in a loop instead of using the Gain amplifier in optisystem library. Damian please suggest the ways to correct this thing.
      Regards

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Thank you Guys, I too got the same problem and now I got cleared my doubt.

Thanks to the optisystem forum

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

sorry guys i droped this message wrongly..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.