Home Forums SYSTEM LMS equalizer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

hi, i am using electronic equalizer in my circuit but it is not showing any output .please tell me my mistake and guide me to get some better output.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

You have connected a null signal to the training signal input. You should connect the undistorted input signal to that input, so that the component can choose the correct coefficients.

Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

Thanks for your help Mr. Marek i did some changes as per your guidance but still i am not getting q-factor 1e-75 around.please check my circuit and did some required change in it.i will be very grateful to you.

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

You will have to create the DP-QPSK Transmitter by yourself or copy one from the sample projects, because you need to compare the electrical M-ary signal. The output of the DSP is not in a NRZ format.

First try with a simple back-to-back system without the fiber link and see if you can get that working, only later add in the transmission section. I am sure that you are aware, but the DSP already includes an Adaptive Equalizer if that interests you, it would make the project simpler at least.

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Gaurav,

I agree with Damian according to implementation of transmitter’s scheme. According to Damian’s second advice about Adaptive Equalizer, I just have a follow up question to you: are you planning to use two equalizers at the same time in your design or you want to replace the one from DSP with your own?

Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

you are right .i want to use my own equalizer instead of the one given in DSP component.can u please suggest me something to do it in a better way?

Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

Hi,Mr. Damian, in previous suggestion,u told me not to use NRZ after PSK decoder.what component shoul i use at the place of it?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Instead of the NRZ pule generator you need to use an M-ary pulse generator, however in addition you will need a Serial Parallel Converter for the dual polarization. Attached is the scheme I made which incorporates both the QAM encoder and M-ary signal generator in one component to create the necessary electrical signals.

Regards

Attachments:
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.