Home Forums SYSTEM link margin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi everyone

Could any one of you help me in knowing how am I supposed to obtain the value of link margin for my system on Optisystem?
      I mean, is there any indirect method to obtain the value using simulations here?
      Kindly respond. Thanking in anticipation.

Regards.
      Naazira.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Also, I am posting below a link where Damian has reponded as to how to obtain the value.
      He has asked to make use of an attenuater component in order to achieve the desired value in reply #11229.

Here is the link: https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/system-power-penalty-and-link-margin/

Could anyone tell me what could be this component?

Regards
      Naazira.

+1

HI NAAZIRA..
      It is a very good query indeed.. as mentioned by Damian that we can use the attenuator before photodetector and then proceed as he has suggested then why wont u use that component directly… it is present in the component library in the passive component library…is there a problem with using that in your implementation…
      thanks and regards

+9
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I agree that it is a good query… I also think that using attenuator before photodetector would work fine.. I dont think there should be a problem..

Regards

Sahil Singh

+1
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks for responding Fayiqa and Sahil.

Actually, I am not able to access Optisystem software currently. So I could not check to see if this component is explicitly available in the libraries we have there or some other component is to be made use of for the same .
      Thanks for letting me know that this component is available in the passive optical library. I’ll try using it.

Regards
      Naazira.

+1

HI NAAZIRA..
        You are welcome.. Yeah you should try it and see if your problem gets solved which will hopefully..
        Thankd & regards

+1
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Naazira,

You are welcome… Try using the component from the library as it is available there…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks a lot again. Fayiqa Naqshbandi and Sahil Singh.

Sure I would try using it and see if I get the target results.

Regards
      Naazira.

you are welcome naazira 🙂

+1
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.