Home Forums GENERAL line width of CW laser

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      albaity
      Participant

Is it possible the line width of CW-laser equal to 624 GHZ ?

Please ,if you known , i hope to answer me ???? please ?

ibrahim luay

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

The maximum line width that Optiwave support is 1 Ghz.
      However,I’m wondering,this is not a laser with 624GHz.
      Are you sure about this number?

albaity
      Participant

Dear Mr-Abdallah

I known, the line width of laser is narrow line width (contain little wavelength ) but , I wondering , is there line width of laser can be equal 624 GHZ? because , I need to use coherent laser in SAE-OCDMA , Where one the characteristic of SAE has wide band source , where CW laser can be to set line width equal to 624 GHZ in optisystem software but , is there practically line width of laser is 624 GHZ ?

Best regards …..

Ravil
      Participant

Hi albaity,

In my opinion, the line width of 624 GHz is “a little” to big for current wave (CW) laser except the case when its modulated (but, as far as I can understand, you are talking about line width before modulation, right?). At the same time, the main requirement for maintaining coherency in the designed system is to have a very narrow band source (carrier). Do you have any reference from paper or etc. about your design? I agree with Abdallah about line width for OptiSystem.

albaity
      Participant

thanks Ravil, Abdallah . please I hope to support me . where , I student MSC , I must to completely my project after one month . please , I wonder , how can use CW laser in optisystem software in SAC-OCDMA . please , to support me with any sample told about this technique , I use Optisystem software in my project ??

Best Regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

I have not heard of 624 GHz bandwidth lasers before! Not that it is impossible, but definitely not common. For SAC-OCDMA applications generally LEDs are used that can have very wide bandwidths, but not necessarily coherent.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi albaity,

I understand your situation and concern but I don’t have any complete projects of SAC-OSDMA to share them with you (otherwise I wouldn’t mind to do it at all )… In addition to that, it will be hard for me to give you a sufficient help with my time limitations (as a graduate student as well). However, if your question and project are very urgent I would recommend you to send them directly to Damian. It will be much quicker and much more sufficient this way!

Best of luck with your project!

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Hi albaity,
      Please go through the user manual and reference materials along with the sample files. subsequently post your questions, then it will be more helpful to you. Best of luck.
      regards.

albaity
      Participant

Hi Mr. Damian

I known, frequency bandwidth any laser be small less than 1 GHZ. but, I hope to support any information around uses laser(cwlaser) rather than LED Or White light source in SAC-OCDMA To obtain coherent SACOCDMA ….PLEASE , I hope to help me

Best regards

Ibrahim albaity

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

I once worked on SAC-OCDMA and I have some publication on its applications in vibration sensing. I have always used LED in simulations and I used Agilent ASE(Amplified Spontaneous Emission)for the experimental setup. I have never heard of Laser of Linewidth up to such (625GHz) before. Kindly check your references for more info.

However, u need to consider the fact that one of the advantages of SAE-OCDMA is possibility of using LED with broadband for multi-point which cuts cost of expensive laser. Using laser source means you have to use a separate light source for individual user and perhaps for each code chip (“1”) for encoding and decoding which then makes the system to be more expensive and at the same time more complex.

However, I am waiting to learn more

mohammed hosni
      Participant

laser line width dosnot exceed 1 GHZ

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.