Home Forums GENERAL LINBO3 MZM

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      moataz fiuod
      Participant

want to know what is the standard value of parameters for work linbo3 mach-zehnder modulator in ideal way (datasheet)

Ravil
      Participant

Hi moataz,

To better understand the scope of your question and your project goal, can you identify what parameters are you interested in particular. In general, Lith. Niob. mach-zehnder modulator operation (based on electro-optical principle) determined by following parameters: ordinary refractive index, uniaxial Pockels coefficients (based on chosen direction of propagation: logitudinal or transverse), aspect ratio (ratio of its width to its length), half-wave voltage and operational wavelength. In accordance with your design goals, you can set up certain parameters and others can be directly calculated…

moataz fiuod
      Participant

thanks for reply and my project to use linbo3 MZM in optical comb generation if you have any additional helping information welcome with it thanks for your interest

Damian Marek
        Participant

I did some work recently making an octupled project. It is attached! You need to also use the supplied filterphase file for the filter in the design.

I used [1] as a beginning point.

[1] W. Li and J. Yao, “Microwave generation based on optical domain microwave frequency octupling,” IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett., vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 24–26, 2010.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Moataz,

You have an interesting project! Unfortunately, I didn’t make any projects myself, but some nice work has been done in this field. Damian sent you a valuable resource about microwave frequency octupling generation. I’m attaching you two interesting papers according to your question. First describes the generation of a flat optical frequency comb (OFC) using an EAM and two cascaded PM (spectral manipulation of comb lines is the main idea).

Ravil
      Participant

Second paper is attached here (sorry for confusion!). It shows a technique for optical comb generation based on driving the MZM with a multi-harmonic electrical signal. Built scheme is very stable and based on conventional architecture of two cascaded MZMs.

moataz fiuod
      Participant

Really thanks for your helping

Ravil
      Participant

You are welcome, Moataz!

Good luck with your project!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.