Home Forums SYSTEM LiNbO3 MZM parameters

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hello, can any one give me a detailled explanation about the use of LiNbO3 MZM modulator in RoF system and how to choose his parameters to obtains different spectra such as OCS, DSB and SSB. i means what the exact signification of the parameters of the LiNbO3 MZM modulator under optisystem.
      best regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Gherbi,

I know from my own simulations that SSB is best generated when biased at the quadrature point of the modulator. The technical background of the LiNbO3 MZM has been improved to explain in great detail what the parameters mean, so I suggest starting there.

Regards

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hello,
      where can i find the technical background? i try to understand this topic with application under optisystem. please sir i have attached a test_example for correction.
      best regards

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Double-click the component on the layout and choose the Help button. There should also be a PDF in the installation folder of OptiSystem.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

sir i also want to know about MZM,how to generate single side band by setting parameters.Qhat is vRf etc?

Damian Marek
      Participant

I am not familiar with “Qhat”, can you compare it to the model in the tech background?

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi sir,
      have see my example test! its ok or what?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Your example correctly demonstrates the different bias points, but I do not see the parts which you would need to generate SSB modulation. I believe there are many ways to do it.

Regards

can we use Si instead?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.