could you help in that ??

I found this application

Light Scattering from Single Biological Cells

but i did not find an example for it or how to get figure 3 or 4
      I appropriate if you can help to find a design file for that example

Marwa Tharwat
      Participant

Hello Amr,
      you can look at the TFSF region. It is used to perform scattering field and radar
      cross-section (RCS) simulations and analysis.I do not know if this can help in measuring the scattering intensity

Amr Elaryan
      Participant

Thanks Marwa

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Marwa,

Iagree with you that TFSF region is used to perform scattering field and radar cross-section (RCS) simulations….But how this can help in measuring the scattering intensity ?

Regards

Sahil Singh

Amr Elaryan
      Participant

Thanks Sahil

Amr Elaryan
      Participant

Can anyone help on this ?

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Amr,
      Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) enables you to design, analyze, and test modern passive and nonlinear photonic components for wave propagation and the nonlinear phenomenon. Optiwave’s FDTD uses an advanced boundary condition – Uniaxial Perfectly Matched Layer (UPML). The algorithm solves both electric and magnetic fields in temporal and spatial domain using the full-vector differential form of Maxwell’s coupled curl equations. This allows for arbitrary model geometries and places no restriction on the material properties of the devices. The automation of these processes dramatically improves productivity of design engineers and reduces time-tomarket for the product. This, along with integration with other Optiwave photonic design automation software, all contributes to quicker return on investment and shorter pay-back period. Total Field Scattering Field (TF/SF)
      Arbitrary tilting plane wave excitation algorithm that separates total field and scattering field. Ideal for Radar Cross Section (RCS) analysis and grating simulations.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Rannjeet Kumar,

Indeed very nice and informative explanation regarding optiwaves Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD)… But as mentioned by Amr Elaryan, can you suggest any example ? That may be helpful if you are able to find one…

Thanks and Regards

Sahil Singh

Amr Elaryan
      Participant

Thanks Ranjeet Kumar for this piece of information
      But could you tell how to measure the scattering or how to get figure 3

Light Scattering from Single Biological Cells

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Sahil,
      As Figure 3 is FDTD simulation results validation. Normalized light scattering intensity distribution with scattering angle – comparison of simulation and analytical results. FDTD – Light scattering intensity with scattering angle for three values of the imaginary part of the refractive index of the extra-cellular medium: a) 0.00; b) 0.01; c) 0.05. Higher absorption in the extra-cellular medium increases the scattering intensity for larger values of the scattering angle.

And figure 4 is Light scattering intensity with scattering angle for three values of the imaginary part of the refractive index of the extra-cellular medium: a) 0.00; b) 0.01; c) 0.05. Higher absorption in the extra-cellular medium increases the scattering intensity for larger values of the scattering angle.

So, we can easily get the results using Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) method.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

Indeed very nice explanation about the Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) method… Your efforts are highly appreciated….

Thanks and regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi eveyone,
      here are some good works in the fields of Light Scattering from Single Biological Cells , of which links i am here posting.
      Hope this will help us to get more idea about this
      http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-4020-5502-7_7
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1304468/
      http://spie.org/Publications/Proceedings/Paper/10.1117/12.837064
      http://coewww.rutgers.edu/~nboustan/reprints/1116_frame_C16.pdf

I am also uploading a research paper of this field .

Attachments:
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.