Home Forums SYSTEM license dongle not detecting

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      It is a humble request to solve the issue. I have newly installed windows 10 64 bit operating system, and installed optisystem 14 evaluation version. It was running fine during trial period but now its not detecting the license dongle (though the light is glowing). I have attached here with the error message with the dongle connected. Please have a look into this issue. Thanking you.

Regards,
      Dhiman kakati

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

I need to add that the license dongle is working fine in optisystem 13 64bit version, i need to mention that some of my design is in optisystem 14 which I can not open using version 13. so this is a big issue. waiting for your response as soon as possible.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Dhiman,
      It may be problem regarding updating your tool. Try updating your optisystem 13 instead of downloading 14 and using dongle for the trail version. You may update your licensed tool to 14 instead downloading the trial version and then using the dongle fine for it. I guess that is the reason for your problem. I hope your problem gets solved as soon as possible.
      Regards

HELLO DHIMAN..
      I understand it is irritating but what i understand here is that you need to to update the licensed version and use dongle on that only…i agree with aabid baba here.. Normally you get this message ” license terminated” even when your dongle is connected and your are working…so its not a big issue…just try updating to the latest version which is 14 and using dongle for it…i hope it will be quite helpful for u..
      thanks and regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hello Fayiqa,
        I am not finding the update option in the optisystem version 13, please tell me the steps i need to follow. when i install optisystem v14 it is installed separately, please provide snapshot if possible. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Aabid Baba
      Participant

yes fayiqa i agree with you that may be the reason here. anyways let Dhiman try it and then see. Hopefully it wotks for him.
      Regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Dhiman..

Apparently there is some issue with your software. I think the installation of the license is not complete, if all other aspects like microprocessor bit size are compatible with your Optisystem software configuration.

I think you can first try uninstalling all the installation files of Optisystem from your pc. Both of the evaluation version and the licensed version. Then try re-installing. There is a chance some file of the evaluation version is conflicting with the licensed one. If that doesn’t work, we can figure out some other solution.

Regards
      Naazira.

HI NAAZIRA..
        I think he is facing issue with the trial version..his optisystem V13 is working fine as he mentioned..now what i think he can do is upgrade his version from 13 to v14 and that may help him..And yeah u maybe right he may have not installed the license completely but anyway i hope it works for him and he finds his issue resolved..
        Thanks & regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Nazira Badar,
        I think there is no issue with the license dongle as it is now also working for optisystem V13. only the problem is with version 14, So I am looking for help in this consideration.

Does anyone using optisystem V14 with expired 30 days free evaluation and now using license dongle to run the program. I am not able to manage this issue.

Thanks for the reply..

Regards,
        Dhiman kakati

HI DHIMAN..
          As i mentioned in the previous comments that u need to upgrade ur license first…i have posted the link..

You can also do one thing upgrade the license then use it for optisystem v14…and maybe that solves your issue…i think u have not tried anything yet..you first try upgrading ur license to version 14 by following the link i posted and then using it for the trial version…may be it will work fine…i suggest u to first try this..i hope its helpful for u..
          Thanks & regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,

I agree with fayiqa that you need to to update the licensed version and use dongle on that only…Also as suggested try updating to the latest version which is 14 and using dongle for it…Hope that it helps

Thanks and Regards

Sahil Singh

HELLO DHIMAN..
      you are welocme anytime…I am posting the link where you could go and upgrade your license to version 14.. first i would suggest you to uninstall the evaluation version and just stick with your licensed version 13 of optisystem…then follow the link where you would find another link under the heading “Active maintenance & support users may upgrade their license here”…just follow those steps and i hope ur issue will be resolved..
      https://optiwave.com/resources/latest-news/new-version-optisystem-14-0/
      Thanks and regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Fayiqa Naqshbandi,

I am I will try as you have suggested. I think this should work for me. Thank you..

Regards,
        Dhiman

One more thing Dhiman..while proceeding keep your license intact and connected to your system because it asks for the license and you may get error which will read as ” Those without maintenance will get a “license not found” error message upon executing the software.”…i hope u will do with it..
      Thanks and regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Dhiman,
      fayiqa has put it right. Just follow the instructions there and you will get your issue resolved. But do keep your dongle connected its important.
      Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Dhiman,

I agree with aabid baba,keeping the dongle connected is important and follow the instructions… It will work for sure…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Thank you fayiqa for this information. Dhiman i think fayiqa is right. first try updating the license itself and then try using it for the version 14. Somehow i find it logical too.
      I hope your issue is resolved.
      Regards

Hi everyone

Dhiman i would suggest you to uninstall the software and then install again and while doing so keep the license intact as optisystem 14 requires license and for that matter you cannot switch from trail version to licensed version just by using dongle you actually need to install the software again and during that u need to agree to have license so that it would install in that perspective of having license. Hope it helps.

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

I think this suggestion is more logical and may workout after all… I would suggest Darmain to do the sequence of steps as mentioned bu Burhan and i hope that this solves your problem…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Damian Marek
      Participant

Dhiman,

For licensing issues please contact support@optiwave.com, however I think I know the issue. The dongle you have may only be licensed for OptiSystem 13 and not for future updated versions like OptiSystem 14. This would make sense since you say version 13 is still working however OptiSystem 14 will not.

If you do not think this is the issue please contact support@optiwave.com.

Damian

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘license dongle not detecting’ is closed to new replies.