Home Forums FDTD Knowledge of Graph Parameters

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi Experts,

I did PWE band solve parameter simulation in FDTD for a particu;ar waveguide. The graph comes out be like the one attached below. Please tell me what is the k vector index on the x axis. Please simplify it.

I am not getting any help in this forum. Although we were assured at the time of getting the licensed version that technical help would be provided. Why is it so.

Attachments:
      Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Dear Subhashish Tiwari,

I’m sorry the answers are not coming faster, we are doing the best we can. This is a community forum, so things could take a little more time. For urgent requests, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at support@optiwave.com. We always give priority to our licensed customers.

Concerning your problem, the k-vector indexes are linked to the k-vector path which is defined in the user’s reference manual, page 76:

K-Vector Path area
      Specifies data used to generate the k-vector point along a k-vector path in the Brillouin
      zone of reciprocal lattice.
      The PWE method solves all the required eigenvalues (band) based on each k-vector
      point. The path is defined by set of major k-points and the associated number of
      divisions along the path from one major vector to another

Each individual k-index correspond to a division along the k-path. If you used the predifined square ZX path, the points are as follows:

G is the k-point #0
      X is a point #6 (5 divs)
      M is at #10
      G is at #15

It corresponds to the band diagrams definitions used in this book:
      http://ab-initio.mit.edu/book/

+1
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.