Home Forums GENERAL iteration of data rate

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

in optisystem by default the pseudo random sequence gennerator (PBRS)has data rata in sript and is equal to data ratae of the layout.ALso in case we was to simultaneously analyse our system for different data rates, it is not possible to sweep or iterate the layout data rate…as this option is unavailable in optisystem..hence we go for the sweep or iteration in the of data rate in PBRS..

but the layout data rate cant change…

my question is suppose we want to vary the data rate from 1Gbps to 40 Gbps of PBRS…what should be the data rate of layout..

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

looking ahead for the suggestion and answers

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

HI AASIF BASHIR DAR…
      WELL AS FAR AS I GOT YOUR QUESTION YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL DATE RATE OF YOUR SYSTEM AND THE BIT RATE OF DATA GENERATED BY THE INFORMATION SOURCE.These two bit rates are different due to implementation of different multiplexing and modulating schemes as well as the signal coding.So the data rate of the system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence.
      You are right in saying that it is not possible to sweep or iterate the layout data rate as this option is unavailable in optisystem.hence we go for the sweep or iteration in the of data rate in PBRS.
      with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Zulkarnain. Greetings.

I am confused how we can have two data rates in the same system when our system works on one data rate leave apart which is greater and which is smaller. Please can you brief me about it.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi zulkarnain,
      thanks for the reply..
      it is not possible to sweep or iterate the layout data rate as this option is unavailable in optisystem.hence we go for the sweep or iteration in the of data rate in PBRS.

I REPEAT MY QUESTION
      suppose we want to vary the data rate from 1Gbps to 40 Gbps of PBRS…what should be the data rate of layout..

please provide the numerical answer and reson for that?

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi AAsif Bashir Dar,

Infact very rightly pointed out by Zulkarnain that the data rate of the system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence.. Thanks for your detailed explanation..
      Regards
      Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

yeah sahil singh,

i know it must be he data rate of the layout of system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence of PBRS….

but i post an example that if i am providing sweep to data rate of PBRS as;
      1gbps,5gbps,10gbps, 15gbps……..35gbps,40gbps…

what should be the data rate of layout in all the sweeps?????

with reagrds

ZULKARNAIN
        Participant

hi aasif bashir dar…
        you have to keep the data rate equal to 40gbps or graeter than that as the data rate of the layout should be graeter than pbrs data rate.
        hope you got my view point.
        with regards

umer syed
      Participant

hi aasif bashir dar,
      the data rate of the layout of system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence of PBRS.
      talking aboout the example you posted
      that if sweep to data rate of PBRS as;
      1gbps,5gbps,10gbps, 15gbps……..35gbps,40gbps…

then your layout data can be kept 40gbps or greater than 40 gbps for all sweeps..

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi Umer Syed. Greetings from my side.

Here i would like to ask you that what is the difference between the layout data rate and the data rate set in PBRS?
        We can only have one data rate for the system. Can you lease explain further. Looking forward to hear you.
        Regards
        Atul Sharma

ZULKARNAIN
          Participant

hi atul sharma..
          1st one is the Global data rate and second is the PRBS generator data rate.The data transfer rate is given by the PRBS generated data rate.These two bit rates are different due to implementation of different multiplexing and modulating schemes as well as the signal coding.So the data rate of the system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence.
          with regards

Atul Sharma
          Participant

Hello Zulkarnain. Greetings.

So which one is the actual data rate of the system. I mean the output data rate?

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aasif bashir bar,

As mentioned by Umer Syed, the data rate of the layout of system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence of PBRS… He has very correctly mentined that your layout data can be kept 40gbps or greater than 40 gbps for all sweeps.. I hope it helps.. Also thanks umer syed for the explanation…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Aasif. greetings.
      I remember you mentioning in one of the recent posts that we can sweep the data rate. I think you were not sure then. Is there a way to sweep the data rate?

Regards
      Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi umar syed,

you right layout data can be kept 40gbps or greater than 40 gbps for all sweeps.. but i just test a design one by one;

1 GBPS data @ both 1GBPS and 40gbps layout
      5 GBPS data @ both 1GBPS and 40gbps layout
      10 GBPS data @ both 1GBPS and 40gbps layout…
      …………………………………..
      35 GBPS data @ both 1GBPS and 40gbps layout
      40 GBPS data @ both 1GBPS and 40gbps layout

i got completely different results…
      now what to doo

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi atul sharma;

if you are using any optisytem version ,you may see that in layout we can set some data rate—>called the layout data rate
      usually by default in any design the data rate in the PBRS at the transmitter end is written in script and is equal to the layout dat rate.

we can not sweep the layout data rate…but we can sweep the data rate in the PBRS…

hope you are clear in this

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi Aasif. Thanks for the answer.

I got the thing about the sweep. But i would like to know which data rate determines the output data rate of the system?

Regards
        Atul Sharma

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hello everyone on the forum,

It is very interesting to figure out so useful information on pseudo random sequence gennerator (PBRS).. Such a meaningful discussion on the forum… Hope this type of discussions are more frequent…
      Thanks and Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Atul Sharma
        Participant

yes Ankita. I hope it helps.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi ankita sharma;
      you are welocome but iam facing the yet another problem discussed in #34913

with regards

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi aasif Bashir,

Well as far your problem is concerned I gave you my point of view and tried to honestly help as much as I can.. But since your query is not resolved till now I really can’t suggest anything as of now… I will surely try to look and see if I can be of any help.. Hope someone on the forum may help you solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

Well it will surely be helpful…

Thanks and Regards
      Ankita Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      thanks for the reply…
      well when i was using the data rate of PBRS as same as that of layout data rate…the BER and the quality factor has some value…

but in the case of sweeps as suggested by zulkarnain, i kept my layout data rate equal to the maximam of sweep values of the data rate in PBRS…the BER and the quality factor are completely different…now what could be the reason????

with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Can someone tell me which data rate is the final output data rate of the designed system?

umer syed
      Participant

i guess it the data rate of the pbrs,,,not the data rate of layout

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

I agree with umer syed that data rate of pseudo random sequence gennerator (PBRS) is final output data rate of the system and not the data rate of the layout…Hope this helps..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

varinder singh
      Participant

hi aasif bashit dar….
      as my concern…..firstly i agree with zulkarnain …….thanku you for this advice which will clear the doubt of aasif..yeah these bit rates are different due to different modulating schemes……….

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

HI AASIF BASHIR DAR…
      WELL AS FAR AS I GOT YOUR QUESTION YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL DATE RATE OF YOUR SYSTEM AND THE BIT RATE OF DATA GENERATED BY THE INFORMATION SOURCE.These two bit rates are different due to implementation of different multiplexing and modulating schemes as well as the signal coding.So the data rate of the system should be always graeter than data rate of the bit sequence.
      You are right in saying that it is not possible to sweep or iterate the layout data rate as this option is unavailable in optisystem.hence we go for the sweep or iteration in the of data rate in PBRS.
      with regards

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.