Home Forums SYSTEM Iteration Limit

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Laksmi Juwita
      Participant

I am using optisystem 100Gbps Coherent DP-QPSK B2B with DSP and multiple Iteration for BerT set.osd
      I simulate a link and find out that the BER is stil high so i raised the iteration from 30 to 60.
      After 52 iteration it turns out that the simulation cannot be finished up, the program cancelled.
      Is there any limitation on iteration number?
      Or is it usually caused by memory limit?

Need your advise guys

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Lakshmi,

Logically there must be no limit on iterations and the issue you are facing probably pertains to memory issue although this should not happen. I have not understood that how increasing iterations can minimise the bit error rate. What are you exactly doing?
      One more thing I want to add that increasing iterations will increase your simulation time which you may have already experienced. I would suggest to look for other means to minimise the bit error rate. I hope this will help.
      Regards

Hi.
      As mentioned by Mr Aabid there must be no limit but this will cause undue increase in this time for simulation.
      Hope this is helpful.
      Thanks
      Regards

Hello Lakshmi,

I agree completely with Aabid Baba and Hamza Ali. I think your problem is more related to your system configuration otherwise increasing iterations should not have any effect on the execution or simulation of a design other than the time constraint. You must check your system configuration. I hope that will be helpful in one or the other way.

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Laksmi Juwita
      As rightly mentioned afore, there is no limit to the number of iterations. Your simulation has halted and run out because of the most probable reason of your system memory constraint. your PC system memory does not suffice the large number of simulations you have set in iteration. Also, the number of components could also be large and hence even more memory is required.

you could divide your iteration number such that each set runs successfully or else you could simulate on a system with a higher memory.

Best Wishes
      Naazira Badar

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,

Yes I do agree with Naazira Badar on this. She is right in saying that your PC system memory does not suffice the large number of simulations you have set in iteration. I agree that the number of components you are using to design your whole system could also be large and hence even more memory is required.
      I also agree that you may divide your iteration number such that each set runs successfully or else you could simulate on a system with a higher memory. I hope this will be very helpful to you.
      Regards

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Laksmi

I agree with Naazira that your simulation has most probably halted and run out because of the most probable reason of your system memory constraint. your PC system memory does not suffice the large number of simulations you have set in iteration.
      Also the number of components you have used could also be large and hence even more memory is required. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Yeah I agree to that as well.Mostly in such cases the system configuration could be the problem. Logically the tool should support huge number of iterations but yeah I am of the view that there may be some optimal limit to the number of iterations we can use. Anyway it is good discussion i hope Laksmi gets her problem solved aa soon as possible.

Best regards

Hello everyone,

I can’t agree more with all of you. This issue is mainly related to memory issues. So it will be better if Laksmi checks running the same design file on some other PC with higher memory and higher configuration. I hope that will help her.

Best Wishes

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,

Very well point made by Burhan Num Mina llah. It would be worth trying to run the designed file on another PC having higher configuration and hope that any number of optimal iterations don’t create an issue.

Regards

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.