Home Forums SYSTEM issue in obtaining results using optisystem in SAC-OCDMA

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Hager
      Participant

I want to simulate the system architecture in this paper “Development of a new code family based on SAC-OCDMA system with large
      cardinality for OCDMA network” ‘Thanaa Hussein Abd, S.A. Aljunida, Hilal Adnan Fadhila, R.A. Ahmada, N.M. Saad’ but i can’t. i can’t figure where is the error in my project . i attached my work if anyone can help me and figure error in my project
      simulation in optisystem.12

Thanks in advance

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have access to the article you mentioned. However, I noticed that the multiplexer and demultiplexer channel frequencies are not matching up. For example, look at the Channels tab in the WDM Demux properties (double-click the component) and compare that to the Channels tab in your 5 WDM Mux’s. Let me know if this helps out.

Hager
      Participant

This is the paper , I sill can’t figure the error , please help me

Hi Hager, you need to change the bit rate to 622 Mbps and define the channels of MD codes for all WDM MUX/DEMUX.

Hager
        Participant

DR.Hamza Can you make changes and attach the project ? . i sill can’t obtain results. i made the changes you mention. is it correct ?

Damian Marek
          Participant

I think you still need to work on the WDM_Demux side and your Bessel Filters. Make sure the center frequency and bandwidth are correct for all the channels.

Hager
          Participant

this is the results after modifications you suggested to me
          but there is an error i can’t figure if you can help me modify it an attach project

Damian Marek
          Participant

I’ve made some changes to the project to help you out. I’ve changed the low pass filters’ bandwidth to get a better result. I’ve also changed the bit rate to be configured globally, so that many values are calculated automatically, like bandwidth of some filters, the time window on visualizers etc.

The demux channels and the Bessel filters are still not matching completely with the channels that are being fed into the multiplexer, so try to check out those values and determine how you want to center the demux channels and what sort of bandwidth they should be. However, the first BER Analyzer seems to be giving reasonable results.

Hager
          Participant

hi Damian Marek i simplified it as attached but no reasonable results

Hager
          Participant

check attached

Hager
      Participant

Can you make changes and attach the project ? . i sill can’t obtain results.

Hi Hager, you need to represent the binary MD codes in spectral domain ..

Hager
        Participant

Dr.Hamza what do you mean ? additional component or how can i represent binary MD codes ?

Hager
        Participant

Dr.Hamza how can i represent MD code ?

Hi Hager,
      By converting each 1 in code sequence into a specific wavelength and setting 0.8 nm spectral width between each spectra.

Hager
      Participant

hi Dr. Hamza
      which component and parameter ? i should change in project to represent MD code ? as you said to assign each 1 to specific wavelendth

Hager
      Participant

i represent the MD code
      is it correct ?

Hi Hager,
      You need to set the bandwidth in WDM Demux to 0.8 nm spectral width between each spectra with rectangular filtering. In PIN PD the downsampling should be centered at max power.The second WDM Demux should have the same transmitted channels and settings.

Hager
      Participant

Dr Hamza

Thanks very much for your help

i made all the changes. can you take a look and tell me if its ok or there is still something wrong ?

Hi Hager,
      Use B2B transmission first in your simulation. After getting good results for all channels, then you can add the fiber link. You can drop an email to me at: dr.hamza.alkhafaji@gmail.com

Hager
      Participant

Dr Hamza

Thanks very much. if i need something, i will never hesitate to email you.

Thanks

Good Luck for you

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.