Home Forums SYSTEM Is there any component in Opti Sys that has the functionality of Rectifier ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Hi every one !

Hope u all are fine.

i am working on a project in which I need half wave and full wave rectifier (Diod that clip/remove half cycle of sine wave) in my work. If any one has any info about any component in opti sys that can perform like half wave and full wave rectifier or have functionality like rectifier, Kindly share.

I will be very thankful to you for your this act of kindness.

Best Regards

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Dear Ibn Aziz,
      As I understand from your question that you need diode to connect in your project work and you want to know info about any component in optisystem that can perform like diode or have functionality of diode.
      But, there are different types of the diode available in Optisystem, just go to Doc folder of your installation of Optisystem you will find:
      CW laser – convert electrical current into light
      LED – convert electrical current into light
      Photo detector PIN – convert light into electrical current
      Photo detector APD – convert light into electrical current
      If this is not an answer you want, then please elaborate about your requirement.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks alot Dear Sir Rk Sethi for your kind response and sorry for not mentioning the required diode in above detail.

Dear Sir, i need a diode that can work as a “half wave/full wave rectifier” because i need a component that can clip or remove negative cycle of the electrical signal.

i hope u got my point.

Stay Bless

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Dear Ibn Aziz,
      I am not very much sure, but one can try Electrical amplitude demodulators, it can clip or remove negative cycle of the electrical signal.

Default/Receivers Library/Demodulators: Electrical amplitude demodulators

Damian Marek
      Participant

Try out the layout I attached to get rid of the negative part.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks Alot Damian for your kind response !

Damian u shared a good technique but when we do frequency domain analysis of resultant signal (of above setup), we got multiple side bands because of the mathematical operations that we did in this setup (as attached in fig below), which in turn affects my whole system performance.

Is there any specific tool in opti sys that has functionality of rectifier because in this way neither positive going cycle amplitude changes and nor frequency domain analysis of the signal varied.

And if not then, kindly give me any clue so that i could made it possible.

I will be thankful to u.

Best Regards

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a component in OptiSystem that acts as a rectifier exactly. We have those in OptiSPICE though.

An additional step you could take is to place a rectangular filter in the layout I attached.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks ALot Damiean for ur kind response.

Best Regards
      Stay Bless

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.