Home Forums FIBER Is it possible to design Multicore Fiber in OptiFiber Software?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been using Optisystems software.I would like to know if it’s possible to change the incident power signal at radial centre(Default) to other location with in the fiber (say i have a Multi core fiber in which the incident optical signal should not be at centre.) and is it possible to provide multiple input Optical signals within the fiber?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Shiela,
      It is possible to design MCF in OptiSystem software. OptiSystem version 18.0 allows you to use analytical models for SM MCF designs. However, version 19.0 which coming in two weeks allows you design the structure of the MCF in OptiMode software then import the fields into OptiSystem and calculate the crosstalk. There is a recent paper (attached) that used this concept.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Shiela,
      It is possible to design MCF in OptiSystem software. OptiSystem version 18.0 allows you to use analytical models for SM MCF designs. However, version 19.0 which coming in two weeks allows you design the structure of the MCF in OptiMode software then import the fields into OptiSystem and calculate the crosstalk. There is a recent paper (attached) that used this concept.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.