Home Forums SYSTEM interleaver and WDM interleaver

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I am bit confused about the principle of operation of a Interleaver which is not there in optisystem and a WDM interleaver Demux (Available in optisystem). How exactly these two performs or both of them are the same? I found in component library that an Interleaver Demux is a periodic optical filter that separates a combination of dense wavelength-division multiplexed (DWDM) signals. so my question is if we are not doing DWDM design can we use WDM interleaver as a simple interleaver. or what parameter should we modify for the same.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

I am Still waiting for the difference. Please anyone let me know.

Thanks

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prarthana,

Based on what I know about the optical interleaver application, I can say that optical interleaver and WDM interleaver MUX are the same. Conversely. optical de-interleaver and WDM interleaver DEMUX are supposed to do the same task, which is separating the two sets of DWDM signals. So whenever optical interleaver can be used, you can use interleaver MUX.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      you want to say that interleaver is helpful only when we design a DWDM system where many wavelength are multiplexed and interleaver is used to separate them.? is there any use of interleaver in non-wdm system..?

Thanks

alistu
        Participant

What I suggested was that whenever you need to use the optical interleaver, you can use the WDM interleaver in OptiSystem, as they seem to be the same component. I don’t know in what other designs it has been used, but I think on these forum I have seen it being used in an OFDM system in one of the files uploaded by members.

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

thank you Alistu.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Prarthana!

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Dear Shify, can you make me clear what kind of moderation you are looking for.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

The fist time a new member posts a comment on a topic in the forums, it needs to be verified by the Optiwave forums moderators and then it will be shown in the topic. The “(awaiting moderation)” sentence written above simply means the comment has not been seen or accepted by Optiwave to be shown.

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Oh sorry I did not know that, Thanks alistu for making me clear.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

sorry by mistake i posted this coment

Shify Mathew
      Participant

can i use wdm interlever demux instead of interleaver in rof system….and what is the working of this component

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Sify, a WDM interleaver is used to separate the different wavelength components in a signal. It is basically used in case where wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) is done, Suppose we are designing a WDM system which contain 1510 nm and 1550 nm signal which are multiplexed and transmitted through the same fiber. the 1*2 WDM interleaver can be used to separate the two wavelengths. Here we have to set the Center frequency of the first filter and then Frequency spacing between adjacent filters (let 100 GHz) then 3-dB filter bandwidth and other parameters in the component properties accordingly as required, It is most useful in DWDM systems where the frequency spacing is less such as 50GhHz.

Thanks

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Thanku Dhiman, Its really helpfull.

Regards

Shify Mathew
      Participant

what is the working of 25/50 interleaver…what are the parameter specification of this specific
      interleaver

alistu
        Participant

In 25/50 optical interleaver, the 25 GHz and 50GHz refer to the channel spacing of the carriers before and after interleaving. It is probably a standard, or values designed for some commercial interleaver you can easily find the datasheet by searching. And you can set these channel spacing values for the optical interleavers available in OptiSystem.

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Alistu, I am not getting your point. please elaborate.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

My above statement is a reply to Shify’s question asked in the post #27174 regarding optical interleavers.

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Alistu, I know your reply was for shify, But I am also winning to know the same.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

There is this commercially available optical interleaver “25/50 interleaver”. Shify was wondering what 25/50 mean, and i said these values in GHz refer to the spacing of the channels in the input and output of the interleaver.

If you have any specific questions about any part of my explanation, please ask.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Thanks Alistu for the clarification. I was searching for the component 25/50 interleaver in the component library, I think this is not available in the components library. Am I correct..?

Regards

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome. There is no such component in the OptiSystem library and there is no need for it, since the available components named “WDM interleaver mux/demux” can act as one provided that you choose the proper channel spacing properties and so on. This component can correspond to any channel spacing you set.

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Oh then I can meet any specification that are available in the market by adjusting the parameters of WDM interleaver MUX/Demux but putting the appropriate centre frequency and respective required spacing.

Thanks.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Shify, I am also designing RoF system where WDM interleaver demux i am using and all are working fine. I can find only one interleaver in optisystem 13, that is WDM interleaver demux.

With Regards

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.