Home Forums SYSTEM Integration Matlab coding with Optisystem

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Aqila
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m having a problem to integrate Matlab coding with Optisystem. Herewith I attach my basic design of optical access network. As u can see, at the receiver part I use Matlab component as demodulator after the PD (photodetector) component. Unfortunately, both PD and Matlab component doesn’t link to each other. Supposedly, the Matlab component will extract data output from PD component as an input to demodulate. But it takes modulation data directly as an input thus the results is not valid. May I know is there something to do with the PD component script? Or do I have to modify the Matlab coding so that it can read data from Optisys PD component? How is that possible?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Aqila,

Could you attach your project file and Matlab code? You can take a look at the examples we have for the Matlab component in the attached documents. If you have not changed the Matlab component at all, its default setting is to just output the signal it detects at the input.

Aqila
      Participant

Hi Damian,

Herewith I attach the project file and Matlab code. I didn’t get the result at the BER analyzer. Why is that happen?
      Please help and advise.

Thanks in advance.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi,

I can’t run the file because I am missing the text document you are trying to load. I have taken a look at the Matlab component and I’m not exactly sure what your objective is. I didn’t see a line for calling your Matlab function, so I don’t think it is being used. I suggest you take a brief look at the Matlab examples above. We will also be uploading a youtube video very soon on the Matlab component.

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

Here is the Youtube tutorial we made on the Matlab component:

Attachments:
      rashedece9
      Participant

Double click the matlab component
      1) In the run command you need to give the name of matlab file
      2) In the matlab search path enter the directory where your matlab file exists. such as E:\Matlab Cosimulation\aqila.m
      You need to select the input and output type signal whether it will be electrical or binary or optical.

Umaima Malik
      Participant

What is TOF and PD in optisystem software

Umaima Malik
      Participant

Can any one help to design a system which i attach. As i can’t get to understand what is inside the ONU like TOF and PD.

Attachments:
      Huda Ismail
      Participant

Hi…
      I implement the example of binary switch but my problem although i get the same result in video my problem when open matlab program during the optisystem running not found any information in the workspace!!!!!!but result is ok ,how can solve this ???

Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.