Home Forums SYSTEM Integrated MZM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Abayomi
      Participant

Hello
      Please how can I build an integrated MZM in optisystem?
      Integrated MZM: 2 intensity modulators embedded in the third MZM

Damian Marek
      Participant

Could you attach an article or a little more info of this application? I am not familiar with it.

Thanks

Abayomi
      Participant

Thanks Damian, I am working on RoF and I will like to design a transmitter that is wavelength agnostic thereby eliminating the use of optical bandpass filter or AWG. I have attached articles where Integrated MZM was used to realise RoF Transmitter. If you could also look at ref 23-25 in Yu et al. 2013

+1
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Abayomi,

Since the third MZM (MZM-c) is only DC biased I believe something like what is in the attached picture would work. You could add optical phase shifts before the optical coupler if there need to be but I think it is fine. You will definitely have to play around with the electrical phase shifts to match the paper.

With a little work this should be easily reproduced.

Cheers!

Attachments:
      +1
      Abayomi
      Participant

Thanks Damian, in the paper is i sent to you, the third MZM is biased at full point, this example does not include the 3rd one. looking through some papers I saw some commercially avaialable Integrated MZMs: FUJITSU FTM960EX and Covega Mach 10060. I have attached the component document for Covega MAch10060 to this email for your consideration. Many Thanks

Damian Marek
        Participant

Since there is not an AC signal on the third MZM and the bias point is equal on both branches, I think they are just using it to introduce a phase shift and to couple the light together. So I think the X coupler in the pic I attached earlier should be fine to model it.

Regards

Abayomi
      Participant

Thank you Damian, there have been an ongoing system upgrade in our lab, I haven’t tried it out but will sure get back to you if it works.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.