Home Forums SYSTEM insatllating evaluation optisystem 13.0

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hello i have optisystem 7.0 installed on my windows 7.0 platform . but i want to install optisystem 14.0 (latest) evaluation version . just want to know if it will effect my current optisystem 7.0 design files. actually i am a research scholar and cannot afford to loose any of my design files neither can afford my optisystem not working even for few hrs. pls guide before i go for evaluation version download and installation.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

First of all, I think you have mistakenly mentioned Optisystem 14 as the latest Optisystem version available, while you have used the right name in the title. As long as the Optisystem v.7 you have installed is not a cracked version, I don’t think it would make trouble for you. But I suggest in any case, install the trial in another OS on your PC, and not on the same OS as the one you have installed v.7.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

Better to use both the version differently.You have to be careful about the use of file in optisystem13 as once you open and modify file in latest version then you will not able to open file in previous versions.However save v7 file differently and make copy of files and use in v13.In this way you can access the files you saved differetly for v 7.

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,
      1- download the V.13 on another operating system differ from that has downloaded on V.7
      2- if you afraid about your projects, you can save them in somewhere location.
      3- change the names of files (osd) you want to modify them by V.13 because when you modify them with their current names, they won’t open later by V.7

Try that and good luck

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Thank you so much to all i have sent a request for 30 day evaluation version. i think use of Virtual machine for different OS may help me. anyways i look forward to guidance from this forum once i receive my evaluation version of Optisystem 13.0 and ready to install it

alistu
        Participant

You can have access to the latest versions 30-day evaluation (version 13.0.3 here) without sending a request by entering your profile and then choosing evaluation license download. There, you just need to click on the name of the product you want to have in order to start downloading it.

Ravil
          Participant

Hi Alistu,
          just want to make sure that I understood your post correctly. Did you mean that 30-days version doesn’t require any evaluation? As far as I remember, I did send my evaluation request for 30-days version of OptiSystem 13 when I was downloading it. I would really appreciate if you clarify your point!

alistu
          Participant

Hi Ravil,

Now that you are saying this, I have doubts about whether the way evaluations are being downloaded have been changed or not recently. Downloading each of the Optiwave products up until three times is allowed and can be done easily by clicking on the name of product in one’s profile. That’s what has been stated in the profile download page. However, the last time I downloaded a trial was about two months ago and I don’t know if this has been changed.

Regards

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi gaganpreet;
      I want to tell you that optisystem versions don’t work on virtual platform programs like Virtual Machene or VMware…
      please, take attention about that.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

i have windows 7 professional i tried downloading 32 bit optisystem 13.0 but it failed though download was complete. anyways i’ll guve it another try. but previously i had requested the distributor of optisystem and he had sent my details to optiwave team who then in turn sent me link . i guess i am unable to download thru forum i’ll have to rquest it the same way

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.