Home Forums BPM Input Field

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SUSMITA KARMAKAR
      Participant

How can I plot the graph of “bending loss”(in the Y axis) vs. “bending radius of optical fiber”(in the X axis)? Please find the attachment.

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Hello Susmita,

Bending loss can be indirectly extracted by using the “Relative Power vs Distance” plot. This is enabled in the “Additional Output Options” selection under the “Simulation” Menu.

Run a simulation with a given radius and you can extract the power transmitted relative to input. You can convert this to a loss and from there an alpha. You would then run a parameter sweep where you change the radius and would have results for multiple radii allowing you to generate the bending loss versus bending radius.

Scott

SUSMITA KARMAKAR
      Participant

How can I create “.f3d” file to give the input? Within OptiBPM software it is not possible. So how can I create?

Cem Bonfil

Hi Susmita,
      You can create .f3d files from any programming or scripting language like Matlab or Python. It is basically a text file with a special extension. The details on how to set up file formats is in our documentation, typically located under C:/Program Files/Optiwave Software/OptiBPM 13/doc/OptiBPM_User_Reference.pdf. I believe what you are looking for is under page 744, Complex Data 3D File Format.

Cem

SUSMITA KARMAKAR
      Participant

Thank you Cem Bonfil sir for your valuable reply. I am able to create .f3d file (Complex Data 3D File Format) using the procedure which are explained in OptiBPM_User_Reference.pdf. So if you kindly describe the scripting process (I saw VBscripting manual,but sir I didnot understand ). I want to convert
      input= exp(-((r.^2)./W.^2)) (gaussian beam)
      input= bessel j (0,kr.*r)).*exp(-((r.^2)./W.^2)) (bessel beam)
      These above equations into .f3d file format. Sir kindly describe how can I convert MATLAB file into .f3d file.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.