Home Forums FDTD Inforamtion About User Function

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hello everyone, I need a help in fixing one of the problem which I am facing at present in setting the user function dialogue box unde crystal lattice properties of OptiFDTD software. I am attaching an image file for your kind perusal. Please help me to sort it out ASAP.

Regards,
      Sourav

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Sourav,

Could you provide a little more detail of your problem? I’m not sure what you are having trouble with in the attached photo.

Thanks

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hey Damian, well what I exactly want is to create a mesh where I can fix the nonlinear rods and for that I want to perform a bit of iteration kind of thing so that every time I give some values the rods gets fitted to a particular position inside the wafer which I choose. Thats what my problem statement is. I hope you got it, if not I will explain you again.

Thanking you,
      Saurav

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

No, I am not able to get it. Its completely different. What I want is to create those squares box in 15×15 wafer dimension having lattice constant=575nm. The file attached here will hopefully help you in getting what is meant to say. In the above file I have created the square boxes by clicking on the PBG Crystal Structure but it really consumes time and every time I need to do the same so I wondered to use some iteration kind of technique where I can specify the points and the boxes automatically fits to their desired place. Just let me know if you can get me or not.
      You can also directly reply me at my Email ID- souravchanda72@gmail.com

Thanks

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Ah ok I think I understand now! It would probably be best to use the scripting functionality. In your program files installation folder you will find a VB Script reference that you can use to set up your design. You can create and position photonic crystal structures through the script.

Are you creating a non-uniform crystal over the domain, is that why you are using multiple photonic crystal structures?

Regards

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Yes I’m creatng that only but now I cannot set the power level of the point source and also the kerr co-efficient, so can you please help in this regard? I’m done with the mesh though, thank you for that.

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you double-click the point source you can modify the Amplitude (square root of power) of the field directly. The default is 1. You can create a new nonlinear material in the Profile Designer window. (Edit->Profiles and Materials…) Then right click on the FDTD-Nonlinear Folder and choose New.

I’ve linked to two relevant tutorials that can help you out.

Point Source

Second Order Nonlinearity

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Okay Damian. Let me check it, I am able to do that till now. If at all I face problem I will let you know.

Thanking you,
      Sourav

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

I cant figure out the 2D FDTD Band solver parameter now!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.