Home Forums GENERAL index of modulation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi everyone,
      i need to understand the index of modulation in optical domain for a simple modulation OOK (for example NRZ format). and how simulate two examples of modulation with different index of modulation?
      best regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi gherbi mohamed….
      You can refer to one of the previous post in which Modulation Index was discussed of which i am attaching the link.Hope you will find some help

Modulation Index

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant

hi gherbi mohamed…
      Brief info was already provided by Ravil about it and thud I am quoting the same as…If you are working on your project with OptiSystem, then the modulation index you are looking for is the essential characteristic of the laser source that you are using at the transmitter. In any laser based system, the optical modulation index (OMI) is a measure of how much the modulation signal affects the light output, and is measured in %. It serves for verification of optimal operation point of this laser. Typical OMI values depend on the type of laser being used….

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Gherabi,
      Please refer to component library PDF file of Optisystem.
      For AM , PM and FM the default value of modulation index is taken as 1. But normalyy modulation index is taken between 0.5 and 1.
      Here i am uploading pdf file.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..

Well I suggest that once you use any component, you should check its documentation. By double-clicking on the component and selecting help. By doing that, you can check the default values of the parameters taken into consideration by Optisystem. Then you can edit those as per the design requirements.

Regards.

Hi All

Rightly conveyed by Naazira as this is the basic thing that everyone should when there is no information about that component or its parameters. Thanks Naazira

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan..

Yes, Indeed it is the basic thing before moving further with the design.

You’re most welcome.

Regards.

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks for all.
      ranjeet kumar, where is the pdf file?
      best regards

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.