Home Forums SYSTEM index number not changing in OSA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Priti Garg
      Participant

hi, I am working on an OFDM based bidirectional system i gave 5 iterations but my index no is not changing in OSA, please help.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Hi Priti,

Working with bidirectional fiber with the new OFDM modulator and demod block may not help in correct results because there is a bug in the BER testset tool, which calculates the BER.

Bidirectional design requires you to have number of iterations equal to the amount of bidirectional devices used in the design (for Eg: circulators, fiber etc). But the BER test set block does not work in the iteration mode.

Hope this helps

Priti Garg
      Participant

hi Dhanajay, Thanks for your reply. I am using BER test in OFDM link downstream and BER analyser in RSOA based system for upstream. for upstream signal I am not getting proper eye diagram. also i am not able to change the signal index in the bidirectional elements, As you told about the bug what should i do? In the sample example of bidirectional system as we change the index no in the same OSA we can first see the downstream signal and then upstream also the eye diagram improves as we go to higher signal index values.please help.Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.