Home Forums FDTD Increasing data points in optiFDTD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ahmed Abumazwed
      Participant

Hi,

I am using optiFDTD 10, and would like to generate extinction curves vs wavelength with 1000 data points between start wavelength and end wavelength. Right now, I only have 200 points (please see attached file).

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Ahmed,

I’m not sure I understand. Are you using observation areas to calculate the reflection/transmission of a design over a wavelength range?

Regards

Ahmed Abumazwed
        Participant

Hi Damian,

Thanks for your response. yes, I am using observation area, and I click on power spectrum calculation to get the transmission versus wavelength curve as in the attached file. When I export the data, please see attached file, the first wavelength is 0.3, then the second wavelength is 0.301; How can I get more data points so my first wavelength is 0.3, and the follwing point is at 0.3001 so I get a curve with a higher resolution. In other words, is there any simulation parameter that I can change to get more wavelength points on the wavelength axisØŸ

Attachments:
          Damian Marek
          Participant

Hi,

I believe OptiFDTD is limited to 200 points for the DFT spectrum. You can change the range though in the “3D Simulation Parameters” window. Click on the “Spectrum” in DFT Options. You can modify the wavelength range from there.

Regards

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.