Home Forums EXCHANGE Import optical ring resonator from MATLAB to Optisystem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rifat Nazneen
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to import ring resonator from MATLAB to Optisystem to see transmission response on different power of laser. I followed the available resources and structure formats for matlab component. Neither I am getting any error during optisystem simulation nor any transmission response of ring. Regarding the power sweeping of the input port should I define it as InputPort1. Parameterized.Power in matlab code or is there any other way to define it?. Please give me your valuable suggestion on it.

Thanks

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Rifat,
      you need to make sure that the signals at the input and out ports are correct in terms of being electrical, optical or binary. Also, you need to make sure that you propagate the signals correctly from the input to output ports of the Matlab component using the proper commands. Finally, you need to make sure that the number of samples transferred from the Matlab component matches OptiSystem project number of samples, you may need to down-sample or up-sample. Please refer to the examples in OptiSystem library located at the following link for guidance.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesSoftware interworkingMATLAB co-simulation

FYI, you may design the ring resonator in OptiSPICE and use the netlist or the output components in OptiSystem directly.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Rifat,
      you need to make sure that the signals at the input and out ports are correct in terms of being electrical, optical or binary. Also, you need to make sure that you propagate the signals correctly from the input to output ports of the Matlab component using the proper commands. Finally, you need to make sure that the number of samples transferred from the Matlab component matches OptiSystem project number of samples, you may need to down-sample or up-sample. Please refer to the examples in OptiSystem library located at the following link for guidance.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesSoftware interworkingMATLAB co-simulation

FYI, you may design the ring resonator in OptiSPICE and use the netlist or the output components in OptiSystem directly.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.