Home Forums SYSTEM implementation of DSP

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all, I want to implement DSP in my system so I need your suggestion so anyone please tell me how should I proceed, ie, if any theory also I am ready to study for that purpose. I want to proceed in an efficient manner. Thanks

With regards,
      Dhiman kakati

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

DSP implementation is very general. So can you please be more specific about what you intend to do with your system? I mean, do you wish to use an equalizer? There are different types of things one can do using DSP. perhaps you can introduce a paper containing information about the system you wish to implement.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Dhiman’
      Will you please specify why you need DSP? I mean to say, what functionalities do you want from the DSP you are incorporating in your Project.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, I am presently designing a full duplex fiber link with 20 Gbps data rate and 100 km transmission distance, i want to improve the spectral efficiency of the system along with the transmission distance, I have attached the reference paper here with. the topic is same ase that i mentioned before in the forum. please once more go through it, and please let me know how should i proceed.

With regards

alistu
        Participant

I went through the paper scanning for DSP but I did not find any. I suggest that you search for equalization in the papers with the same scheme being used in them as in yours. Since you know a deep background about your own system, I’d rather not suggest anything to you, even though I made a brief search for it. But please ask in case you have any problem implementing the scheme you choose to implement.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

hi Gokul, I need to improve the spectral efficiency of the system along with the transmission distance, and have a more clear constellation diagram please read the above reply #25516 and attached paper.

With regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, in the paper there is no DSP block, but i want to implement it to take the advantage of DSP.

Regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

For DSP you can study from Proakis and Sanjit K Mitra. These two books will give you good insight of DSP

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Dhiman,

If you try using DSP and improve your signal reception, that will not help improve the system spectral efficiency. The flaws with the optical sysem will remain as it is. I suggest instead of using DSP you try to improve the optical system such that the overall system spectral efficiency can be raised

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Also let me know, how will you use DSP for improving the system spectral efficiency?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Dhananjay, Thanks for your advice, I am not sure whether implementing DSP will help me or not in improving the system but I want to try, if anyone suggest me how can I modify the circuit attached pdf.

With regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Let me go through the paper. I will try to suggest you some idea on it.

Mean while you can try to implement the same design in optiwave and see how the system is functioning. May be u can get good constellation for the same.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

I have gone through the paper. What I found is that, in our optiwave there is no option for optical interleaver which is required in your case to split the signal.

Besides, we need to develop some logic to implement the switches S1 and S2.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Dhananjay, I have implemented the WDM interleaver demux for the splitting purpose and got good result, I have got better results than the paper, but I want to improve more, The same circuit I have implemented as in the paper and got the result, So theroritically if you suggest me any more scheme or technique that will help me. Thanks

With regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Let me see how can I help you. Give me some time. Mean while you can update me about your progress.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

sure, I will inform you. Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Dhiman,

Please send accross the .osd project file.

Subhash Arya
      Participant

Well, to improve spectral efficiency, we have to either opt advanced modulation schemes (higher ary QPSK, QAM etc, MSK), WDM/DWDM or reduce the spectral width of optical source (laser to reduce dispersion) or sometimes use of coherent detectors also help to improve the spectral efficiency. Here, I think Dhiman wants to use DSP to cancel noise, improve receiver sensitivity so that overall data rate can be increased.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear dhananjay I will upload later on, and agree to Dr. Arya for the clarification.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Dear Dhiman, are you going to use the DSP block integrated into Optisystem, or design your own?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

I think I need to design my own as the DSP block available in optisystem are for QPSK, 16QAM and universal DSP.

Regards

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.