Home Forums FDTD I want to design a ring resonator

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

I want to design a ring resonator, i don’t know how to get that ring pattern into the Photonic crystal Structure. Also i couldn’t edit the individual cell parameter. Please help

vignes
      Participant

Dear essakimuthu,

What kind of help u need and what kind of application will u prefer

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

I made a quick demo file for this. To get the ring pattern you can simply draw a Photonic Crystal and under the Crystal Lattice Properties add a new Ring Waveguide Unit Cell.

Regards

Attachments:
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Is there any options to see the input waveform in fdtd and can u tell what are the parameters that can viewed at the output.

Damian Marek
        Participant

In the example I attached I did not insert any input or detection objects, but when injecting a modal field you can solve the modes and then view them. With the detection objects generally you are looking at the electric and magnetic field components. There are of course plenty of parameters derived from the field, like the Poynting vector, normalized power, spectral density etc.

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

sir u sent me new version so can u please send the ring resonator in old version fdtd.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately I can only support the most recent version, as it would be too hard to support all available versions of our software. However, the demo file I made is indeed quite simple. Try following the tutorial at:

PBG Layout

but instead of choosing Elliptic Waveguide as the unit cell, choose the Ring Waveguide.

Regards

dear I want to design the ring resonator as well but I need to put electrodes, any advice? still I am so confuse with this electrode story….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.